http://www.change.org/petitions/prime-minister-recep-tayyip-erdoan-sanction-syria?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&alert_id=MnFEAVtdCv_PBudbjcenW

If you guys could take some time to sign this, it would mean a lot to both me and the thousands of innocent pro-democracy citizens in Syria fighting for some liberty. So far about 3,000 people in Syria have been killed, and many've been tortured.

People in Syria, as of right now, don't have any human rights. I don't know if this petition will make a difference or not, but it's a good start.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Weaponized
Dude I have 0 faith this petition will do anything.

i'm not sure i want to risk not trying.

EDIT: it also seems to be the most popular one on change.org, and they have made differences in the past, so why not?
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste

EDIT: it also seems to be the most popular one on change.org, and they have made differences in the past, so why not?

Let's look at the logic of this. Assad is a man who had students who sprayed anti-government graffiti arrested and tortured, raided towns and killed people in the search for "dissidents", has used bombs, tanks, artillery and snipers against his own people in attempts to silence them and has a current estimate of 10000 people killed or "missing".

So he will get an e-petition (one of the most useless things in the world) and say " Oh, now I see the error of my ways, freedom and democracy for all!!!"

Yep, that should do it...
Quote by jugglingfreak
Let's look at the logic of this. Assad is a man who had students who sprayed anti-government graffiti arrested and tortured, raided towns and killed people in the search for "dissidents", has used bombs, tanks, artillery and snipers against his own people in attempts to silence them and has a current estimate of 10000 people killed or "missing".

So he will get an e-petition (one of the most useless things in the world) and say " Oh, now I see the error of my ways, freedom and democracy for all!!!"

firstly, why did you bump it then?

also, i don't think their target is to inflict the petition on Assad directly, but rather the turkish government 'to turn strong words into action by imposing targeted sanctions against Syrian officials, government entities, and oil exports until the violent crack down against protestors stops.'

also, it's gained 4,000 signs in about 3 hours, so it's looking good. it probably won't do shit, but why not?
Quote by Weaponized
Dude I have 0 faith this petition will do anything.

It wont. The goverment wont care. Welcome to the Middle East.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

You go Kenan!
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Thats very Nobel laid-to-waste, and I don't see this helping much, but innocent people are dying and the least I can do is make people aware of that.

Signed.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by jugglingfreak

+1

Like: let's do what thousands of protesters and the international community have failed to do and put this megalomaniac looney in line. We won't even have to leave our computers!
signed
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by laid-to-waste
http://www.change.org/victories

...well, some of them, anyway.

Did you even look at that list? State parks, unions, soup kitchens, saving trees and gay rights.

Sure, they've done some good things, and obviously in some cases online petitions can actually get results, but this is not one of those cases.
Quote by laid-to-waste
http://www.change.org/victories

...well, some of them, anyway.

I'm sure these petitions have done something in the past for minor issues as seen in that list and I'm glad for it. But let's be realistic here and compare the scale of granting someone clemency or stopping a bank from foreclosing to stopping or reducing the killing of thousands of people. It's going to take action beyond an e-petition to stop this.

Edit: Ninja'd.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by JetPackBlues
Did you even look at that list? State parks, unions, soup kitchens, saving trees and gay rights.

Sure, they've done some good things, and obviously in some cases online petitions can actually get results, but this is not one of those cases.

so we shouldn't try, then? yeah, good point. don't sign the petition. it most probably isn't going to make a difference, anyway, so i'm sure it makes you sleep better if you don't bother.

(sorry, i thought you were looking for me to approve what you said so you can rationalize being lazy and not signing it)

it's all we, as mere individuals, can do. unless bashar is one of your bros, i think this is pretty much our best shot at making a difference.

plus, it's raised over 5k in half a day.
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Sep 17, 2011,
Signed. Might as well petition mother nature about being an occasional cunt though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
signed it brah

no homo
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!