Hey guys,

I already posted this in GG&A but thought I'd share it with you guys too!

Little back story. So I've been GASing hard for a guitar that meets these specs for a long long time now. And today I was at work and a couple of the other guys were saying that I should get it as a joke. So it was quiet and decided to plug it in and have a little noodle without any intention of buying. I've played it before and didn't think to take it home with me.

So just out of curiosity I went downstairs and decided to check out the one we had in the box. I took it out and just went I absolutely couldn't believe the grain on it. I said to myself I couldn't leave here today without it. So as I was looking for a case, the only one I could find was an SKB Fender. So I thought why not and made it apart of the purchase.

It is an unbelievable guitar, the quality of the finish, set-up and sound is next to none. Acoustically it's amazingly resonant and sounds incredibly thick when plugged into an amp with some dirt. It seriously is a special guitar and definitely something I'll have for the rest of my life.

I haven't decided on a name yet. Something will come.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
A good Telecaster is always a solid choice. HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
A good Telecaster is always a solid choice. HNGD! Enjoy it!

Cheers mate, and the great thing is I only paid $477 for it
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Wow, I wanted one of these as soon as i heard there getting released lefty soon, now I want one even more! How's the neck? Thicker or the same as the MIM strat?

Btw, Hngd!!
Last edited by RockRoots42 at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by RockRoots42
Wow, I wanted one of these as soon as i heard there getting released lefty soon, now I want one even more! How's the neck? Thicker or the same as the MIM strat?

Hey mate, the necks are a little bit thinner on the CV's and are much more comfortable.
They're definitely set up a lot nicer than the MIM's and would take one of these of a MIM any day!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Hey mate, the necks are a little bit thinner on the CV's and are much more comfortable.
They're definitely set up a lot nicer than the MIM's and would take one of these of a MIM any day!

Damn on the thinner part. My MIM strat is A little on the thin side for my preference, glad theyre set up better tho, I'll have to see about trying one
Quote by RockRoots42
Damn on the thinner part. My MIM strat is A little on the thin side for my preference, glad theyre set up better tho, I'll have to see about trying one

I've got MIM strat myself and trust me, the CV is much nicer!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Nice. I love low end guitars that are actually amazing. I have a Fender JA-90 Telecaster. It's the signature model from Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World). I bought it cuz I wanted a cheaper guitar to take to jam sessions and stuff. One of the pubs I go to hasn't got the best reputation, so I don't like taking my Gibson. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from the guitar but when I played it I couldn't believe it. It's made in Indonesia. There is not a thing wrong with it. I've had it maybe two and a half months and had my Gibson since January this year, so I'm pretty used to both. I will confidently say, the Tele easily holds it's own against the Gibson. The Gibson is £1750 worth of guitar. The Tele is about £500.

Anyway, enough about my guitars, HNGD!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Nice. I love low end guitars that are actually amazing. I have a Fender JA-90 Telecaster. It's the signature model from Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World). I bought it cuz I wanted a cheaper guitar to take to jam sessions and stuff. One of the pubs I go to hasn't got the best reputation, so I don't like taking my Gibson. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from the guitar but when I played it I couldn't believe it. It's made in Indonesia. There is not a thing wrong with it. I've had it maybe two and a half months and had my Gibson since January this year, so I'm pretty used to both. I will confidently say, the Tele easily holds it's own against the Gibson. The Gibson is £1750 worth of guitar. The Tele is about £500.

Anyway, enough about my guitars, HNGD!

It's really quite amazing how good lower end guitars are getting...the Chinese are catching on!

Cheers, mate
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I just got a squier tele that played pretty well too, they really are stepping up their game. I customized mine with a new bridge that fits a humbucker. Later on im going to drop in a dimarzio super distortion or a seymour duncan JB.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Good one. I have a CV 50's Vintage Blonde and I love it. They're not great guitars for the money, they're great guitars - period!
Awesome. Congrats!

Looks beautiful! Butterscotch blonde with black guard is my favorite Tele finish.

If I didn't already have a '52 AVRI Tele I'd totally get one of those CV ones.

In fact..... I'll probably get one anyway.

I've heard nothing but great things about 'em.
Grain on that is sweet!

:hngd:
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I played some Classic Vibes at a store and the CV Tele of a friend and was amazingly disappointed. I don't get the internet hype at all.
They aren't that different from all the other cheap guitars in that price range.

However, HNGD!
Quote by stealstrings
Damn! My favorite colored Tele.

Mine too thanks!

Quote by iceh88
I just got a squier tele that played pretty well too, they really are stepping up their game. I customized mine with a new bridge that fits a humbucker. Later on im going to drop in a dimarzio super distortion or a seymour duncan JB.

Nice one dude when Squier's are customized, their absolute machines!

Quote by Porrig
Good one. I have a CV 50's Vintage Blonde and I love it. They're not great guitars for the money, they're great guitars - period!

I was tossing up one of those ones, then I saw Fender's new products catalogue and just waited out for this one

Quote by dcooper830
Awesome. Congrats!

Looks beautiful! Butterscotch blonde with black guard is my favorite Tele finish.

If I didn't already have a '52 AVRI Tele I'd totally get one of those CV ones.

In fact..... I'll probably get one anyway.

I've heard nothing but great things about 'em.

You won't regret it dude!

Quote by diceksox1809
Grain on that is sweet!

:hngd:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it, I couldn't let it get away

Quote by JustRooster
Solid.

Hell yeah.

Quote by JesusCrisp
I played some Classic Vibes at a store and the CV Tele of a friend and was amazingly disappointed. I don't get the internet hype at all.
They aren't that different from all the other cheap guitars in that price range.

However, HNGD!

It's really hit and miss with CV. I guarantee mine is cream of the crop in terms of quality and build. I've played some real dogs and played some beauts. I suppose it's like that with anything I guess.
Thanks!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Yeah, maybe I just played bad models.
And maybe I'm just spoiled from playing my MIA Strat.

Have fun with it!
Been GASing for a Tele myself for a long time myself.
good god that's sexy. I envy you mate.

HNGD!!
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Quote by JesusCrisp
Yeah, maybe I just played bad models.
And maybe I'm just spoiled from playing my MIA Strat.

Have fun with it!
Been GASing for a Tele myself for a long time myself.

Working in a guitar store spoils everything ever
Seriously if you can get a chance, try a couple of the CV's. You should be able to find one gem thanks!

Quote by SupahStrat
good god that's sexy. I envy you mate.

HNGD!!

Thanks!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by LolCatGuitar
i played my friends CV tele in white, plays better than my MIM strat, just that the body is a bit uncomfortable. realllly nice guitars for the price.

I'd easily take one of these other a MIM or in some cases even a Japanese model.
It was on sale as well so it was even better than usual, couldn't pass it up thanks!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Cheers mate, and the great thing is I only paid $477 for it

Thats around $500 USD, it retails for around 350. Assuming that you work in a music store (by your OP) I'd assume you'd get some discount? Even with that its still alot for that guitar and a case.

Unless its a magic case Then its a different story.

But still....$500 for a CV!!!!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Thats around $500 USD, it retails for around 350. Assuming that you work in a music store (by your OP) I'd assume you'd get some discount? Even with that its still alot for that guitar and a case.

Unless its a magic case Then its a different story.

But still....$500 for a CV!!!!

It was $477 just for the guitar, keep in mind I live in Aus mate and they retail for $699 here It was an extra $130 for the SKB case.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by beckyjc
Looks amazing, i was quite shocked to see the squier headstock.

The only one i've seen rival the grain is a 52' Reissue by Fender, and even then it's no where near as nice as this
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
dat grain.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
dat grain.

My gawd

Quote by beckyjc
You should totally trade bodies with my tele.

Oh yeah...totally...
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
that is a really nice looking CV.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OMFG that is really the best tele paintjob ever. classic natural/ butterscotch and black pickguard and maple neck beats anything really!

HNGD! played one of those and was happily surprised, sadly didn't have the funds =(
Quote by gregs1020
that is a really nice looking CV.

And it plays even better

Quote by Ippon
I got one of those awesome CV Teles when they first came out. Awesome Bang for the $$$. Congrats!

I wanted one of these for months, I originally wanted the FSR one that come out last year. But I couldn't afford it and I saw this and was like

Quote by Porrig
Beaut!

Thanks!

Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

Cheers mate!

Quote by Duv
Nice. HNGD!

\m/

Quote by wolvenrick
OMFG that is really the best tele paintjob ever. classic natural/ butterscotch and black pickguard and maple neck beats anything really!

HNGD! played one of those and was happily surprised, sadly didn't have the funds =(

It's just a lovely classic look and that's what attracted me so much, save up and buy one! You won't regret it!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Name her Blondie.
or Butterscotch.
lol

HNGD, that grain is deeeeead sexy
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I started out with a Squier Telecaster. I put some Seymour Duncans in there. I still love it. I love to play it. I love the neck. I love the light weight. I just plug it straight into the amp; no pedals, no effects.
Quote by Eppicurt
... It's just a lovely classic look and that's what attracted me so much, save up and buy one! You won't regret it!
You need to get the almost Transparent White, too. I'll try a spare BKP Aftermath (neck) and ordering the Sinner (bridge).

Quote by kandex
Name her Blondie.
or Butterscotch.
lol

HNGD, that grain is deeeeead sexy

I'll meet you half way and call her Blutterscondie!

Quote by GraceKim
I started out with a Squier Telecaster. I put some Seymour Duncans in there. I still love it. I love to play it. I love the neck. I love the light weight. I just plug it straight into the amp; no pedals, no effects.

Nice one mate, I gotta be honest there is absolutely nothing wrong with Squiers

Quote by Ippon
You need to get the almost Transparent White, too. I'll try a spare BKP Aftermath (neck) and ordering the Sinner (bridge).

I have my eyes on the 50's strat in 2 tone sunburst
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore