A few weeks ago i purchased a Yamaha F310P Beginners Pack, which came with a strap. Now the guitar itself had only 1 button, which was on the bottom. It came with a strap which was no longer than 45 cm long or 31 inches (approx.), including the holes on the strap. Does anyone who how i can use the strap?
There is usually a piece of striong hanging from one end. You tie that end onto the guitar headstock or under the strings on the neck or something and place the other side on the button.
My old acoustic from my g-pa is one-buttoned like that. The strap he gave me has a buckle at one end (similar to a belt buckle, just smaller), which is just behind the hole for the button. It came with a strip of leather which wraps around the base of the headstock and attaches to the buckle. I'm not sure if something like that still exists, but it might be good to look for.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
or a shoe lace if you lost the string that came with the guitar.

this except use a string, like said...

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 17, 2011,
I used to use an old shoestring to tie that end of the strap around the headstock (just above the nut)
call me ziggy.
Yeah, mine came with a string that was tied and had a metal hook attached to it ... but even if i were to tie it like JJ's picture, the strap still seems too small for me to fit in.
I'm not the skinniest person in the world, but the strap seems a teeny bit too small.
ok make sure the strap is at it's largest length.

there is a buckle on the strap that need to be moved towards
the rear peg to lengthen it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011