so ive played acoustic guitar for 3 years now and i would like to get a electric guitar too but any suggestions my budget is max 800$ and any tips on getting that money :s
now i'm thinking of a GIBSON - SG Special (Faded Series) Worn Cherry and i need an amp too.. please help me to make the right decision
well unless youre in a band you should get a small amp probably no more that 15w. What genres do you play?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
The washburn X10 is good and should come cheap, with the money left over, buy a fender mustang,or anything by orange is also cool
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
I'd compare that against the Fender Blacktop series (check out all the models) and see which you like better. IMHO, those are the best bang for the buck guitars (if you're paying street price) for out-of-the-box quality right now. Especially the one with the Floyd Rose. The Pawnshop series is kind of cool too. Those two lines both have models with 24" and 25 1/2" scales, so if you're leaning toward Epiphone/Gibson for the short scale, don't forget Fender has even shorter scale options.

And don't be intimidated by the trem systems. You can always block those untill you're ready to learn how to thrive in that world. Lots of pitfalls with the trems until you know what you're doing, but a simple piece of wood can put all that on hold until the whammy bar bug bites you.
Don't worry about the wattage on the amp. I have amps ranging fom 1-watt to 100-watts and as long as the high-watt amps have master volume controls you can get them to play low volumes too.
I'd suggest getting something cheaper, because you're only starting to play electric guitar. See how far you're going to go with it and maybe then buy something more expensive. The reason why I'm suggesting this is because that's what I did - started on a really cheap guitar, then after some time bought a more expensive one. And I noticed a difference, I can now tell what sounds good and what doesn't, because I became more skillful yet with a cheap instrument. But I don't know you, maybe you will have more drive to play that exact Gibson. My suggestion would be to choose a guitar out of the PRS SE versions, or an Ibanez. Jackson is pretty good too, or so I heard. As far as amps go, I'm not sure what sound you're looking for.
Quote by gvlogey
so ive played acoustic guitar for 3 years now and i would like to get a electric guitar too but any suggestions my budget is max 800$ and any tips on getting that money :s
now i'm thinking of a GIBSON - SG Special (Faded Series) Worn Cherry and i need an amp too.. please help me to make the right decision

it's usually a good idea to spend about as much on the amp as you do on the guitar.

i understand that you might have a specific guitar in mind as the one you want.
but if it pretty much kills your whole budget and you end up with a $150-200 amp,
that's fine, but don't expect the guitar to sound the way you want.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011