I'm looking for a rock/metal guitar and I have found two pretty good deals:

1. Used Ibanez DTT700 for 500€ (new: 700-800&euro - near mint condition, metallic gray, hard case
2. Used Jackson RR5 for 600€ (new: 1000-1200&euro - near mint condition, natural finish, no case

Specs:

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-DTT700
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-IT/products/search.php?partno=2913002803

Both have a "metal" shape, fixed bridge, string through body, neck through construction, 22 frets and good pickups, exactly what I'm looking for. Which would you get?
Last edited by Poglia at Sep 17, 2011,
I'm not particularly fond of either of them (weird shapes just aren't my thing), but I like the Ibanez better.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
what year is the jackson??
Because, since fender bought jackson, the quality has gone down
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
I'd go the Ibanez purely on the base of V's being very impractical guitars in many ways.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Considering my experience with Jackson (I've got one) I'd go for the Jackson., Only complaint I've ever had with it is the LFR, but you've got a hardtail on that one so go for it. I can't say I've ever played the ibanez though, so definitely wait till you have a few answers before you make a decision.

If you already have a preference though, go for it. Normally the one you have your eyes on is the one that will please you most.
Quote by eddiemolko
what year is the jackson??
Because, since fender bought jackson, the quality has gone down

That's only something that people who own "pre-fender" Jacksons spout to try to get more money for their guitars.

Most Jackson fans consider their years under Akai ownership to be the low point of the company, and things have improved under FMIC's ownership.

TS: Either would be a good buy. I'm a Jackson guy, so I'd probably go with the Rhoads, but the Destroyer is one of my favourite Ibby models.
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Sep 17, 2011,
I'd buy the Ibanez... simple because it looks much nicer.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
That's only something that people who own "pre-fender" Jacksons spout to try to get more money for their guitars.

Most Jackson fans consider their years under Akai ownership to be the low point of the company, and things have improved under FMIC's ownership.

I bought a Fender one and I was pretty happy with it. I wont buy another one, but only because I'm not really after another 'metal' guitar. If I was, I definitely save up for a USA or custom shop Kelly.