Hey there, so I have 2 guitars with floyds and they drive me crazy so it's time to get a fixed bridge. I played my friends ltd h 1001 and I like it but I dislike how flashy it is. I also have been looking at the Ibanez rga 121 and 321's but I already have 2 ibanez's so I don't think that will be the one. Please help me find more options. PS I like the standard guitar look. No Vs or crazy looking guitars plz
Looks like you're probably looking for a metal guitar judging by what you've mentioned already.

Maybe though you should specify, just in case.

I can't really recommend you a fixed bridge metal guitar from personal experience, but just in case I'm wrong and you might be looking for something more suited for rock, check out a Hagstrom Swede. I ordered one online the other day after doing quite a bit of travelling just to try one out. They feel and sound amazing. http://www.hagstromguitars.com.au/6032.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3006&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6031&cHash=e64ee1589c
I have to recommend the RGA121. The fact you clearly like ibanez makes that a no brainer surely?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What about the LTD MH-350NT ?
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
I played the schecter blackjack today and I love the sound of the blackouts, but I dislike the flat black look. I also didn't really like the neck. The bulkiness of it was okay. The wood/finish bothered me
Quote by ibanezeagle18
Hey there, so I have 2 guitars with floyds and they drive me crazy so it's time to get a fixed bridge. I played my friends ltd h 1001 and I like it but I dislike how flashy it is. I also have been looking at the Ibanez rga 121 and 321's but I already have 2 ibanez's so I don't think that will be the one. Please help me find more options. PS I like the standard guitar look. No Vs or crazy looking guitars plz

I see you said no ibby's...but I played one of these the other day, and loved it..

ARZ 800 (with EMGS!)
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
And yes I'm looking for a metal guitar. I'm trying to stay away from Ibanez since I already have a prestige, and the ltd 350 looks nice. Do you know if it plays like the 1001?
Quote by Controlpanel
I see you said no ibby's...but I played one of these the other day, and loved it..

ARZ 800 (with EMGS!)

That does look nice but I'm not a huge "les Paul style guitar" fan
Think the ltd ec1000 deluxe in straight black is around $800. Also could look at Schecter Damien Elites (elite-6 and elite solo-6). I will say that once you're spoiled with the necks on an Ibanez prestige, it'll be hard to find thicker necks acceptable. I was in the same boat as you and ended up finding a used rga121 :P
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by ibanezeagle18
And yes I'm looking for a metal guitar. I'm trying to stay away from Ibanez since I already have a prestige, and the ltd 350 looks nice. Do you know if it plays like the 1001?

If you like Ibanez why go away from them?

Why would you take a sub par guitar when you can get a truly awesome one? See above. I mean the 1001 is good, but compared to something like a 2nd hand ESP Horizon NT-II which you should find for $900 its a plaything IMO, same for the 350/1001 comparion dude.

Look into a 2nd hand Carvin DC series guitar too, they are also awesome and within budget, same for some nice Jacksons, look into the Jackson SLMG too.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I love the ESP horizon nt-II but I felt like it was out of my price range. And I feel a guitar that nice should have a Floyd on it. Would it be weird to get that guitar in the fixed bridge style
...................no?

Look hard enough and you will be surprised what you find.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Sep 18, 2011,
Fender Jim Root Tele? I think they're around US$800. I could be wrong.

EDIT: Used that is. As a general rule, I don't buy brand new electric guitars.
Last edited by CrazyPigeon at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
...................no?

Look hard enough and you will be surprised what you find.

Ok thanks! I'm just going to keep looking out for a ESP horizon or Jackson slsmg. (:

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^^^ listen to him, he posted great suggestions.

If you really hate floyds so much, why not just block off one of your floyds in one of your 2 guitars?
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
^^^ listen to him, he posted great suggestions.

If you really hate floyds so much, why not just block off one of your floyds in one of your 2 guitars?

I dont exactly know how. Is that what a treble-no is?
Tremel-no?

they are a kind of go between allowing you to block the trem, set it up for dive only or just fully floating:

Not really worth the hassle to be honest, you can just use wood to fill the gap.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

Thanks for all the suggestions! That white ESP is beautiful. Its a lil out of my price range though
Yeah for some reason I though you had $900

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ooo i see thats pretty sweet. Well im in no rush to buy this guitar so I think I am just going to save up and get an esp horizon nt-II. Thanks Everyone!
No worries.

Good luck

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Try to get Epiphone Les Paul
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard