Page 1 of 2
When we find good customer service we should let everyone know about it...the same is true for bad customer service.

On 04/05/11 I ordered a Snakebyte from Music Makers in Farmington Missouri. Three days after the order was place I was informed the product was back ordered and would arrive mid June. The store promptly issued me $100.00 in store credit for my inconvenience and ask if I still wanted the item. I responded yes.

On 06/13/11 I called ESP Guitars to inquire why I hadn’t received the product yet. I was informed by customer service another shipment was due at the end of the month and I would receive my item by mid July. She assured me I would receive the item and went as far as to tell me my order was sixth on the list.

On 07/26/11 I called again to inquire why I still hadn’t received the product when I was promised it. Customer service said she didn’t know why I hadn’t received the product but another shipment was due by the end of the month (5 days away) and I should get the item the following week.

On 08/24/11 (29 days after I called the item arrive…it was broken. The personal at Music Makers said I shouldn’t accept it in that condition. I agreed and two days later the product was shipped back to ESP.

On 08/26/11 I called them again. Very displeased with my experience with this company I expressed my displeasure…no foul language or profanity was used but I made sure she understood I was upset. She told me a shipment was due by the end of the month (5 days away, again) and she would bump the list down and put me at the top. I was assured they would correct the situation.

As of 09/17/11 22 days have passed and I've heard nothing. I also called Jose Ferro VP at ESP and got no response...It seams no one there cares about customers. I have also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have also been consulting an attorney.

In summery…6 months, 3 phone calls, 4 lies, one damaged guitar, now no guitar and 0 satisfaction.
Damn Bro!!!! What a shame. Hate it when you get so excited for something like this, and get let down again and again.
Hope it all works out for you
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Holy s**t that's the worst run of luck I've ever heard!

Hope it all gets sorted very soon!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
They're replacing the guitar. So you waited 5+ months and got crappy service. Involving bbb and a lawyer seems to be in excess. ever deal with xbox support? 7 xbox 360's down so far, serveral 'lost in the mail', sent back broken, refused service...
Still own an xbox.

(Invalid img)
If I was you I'd get my money back and spend it on a different brand and never buy an ESP again. Not that they're bad guitars, because they're not but on the principle of the matter.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
That's why you never order anything that's backordered.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
No they haven't refunded my money or sent a new guitar. In fact they will not respond at all. As far as the BBB and an attorney goes, as long as people put up with poor customer service they have no reason to change how they operate. I have also contacted the California Attorney General's office. I do appreciate all the comments, thanks.
On 9/21/11 Another Snakebyte arrived at the store. The guitar tech pointed out there was a crack in the neck pocket area. It went from the top of the neck and half way around the backside. This just keeps getting better. On the 22nd his Esp rep told him it would be after the first of the year before they could send a replacement. I discussed getting my money back with the store. They said they would refund my money but they would rather work it out with another model of Esp because it's almost impossible to get money back from Esp...Esp is truly screwed up!
props to the store youre dealing with, they seem like awesome people, but yea, this is why i avoid special order items, anywhere, regardless of how much i trust the store. damn though. you should atleast get upgraded to a more expensive model if they cant give you the model you originally ordered
9/28/11 I received a call today from Matt Masciandaro president of ESP Guitars. He was very apologetic. He said he fully understood my frustration and he was going to handle this matter personally. He was honest and seemed straight forward. He will be calling me tomorrow with a firm delivery date. It was a pleasure talking with him.
I wonder if he just saw this thread. Props to him if he makes it right though.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Good, he bes' knock off a few dollars. Apology or not, that's ridiculous.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Now you got to the company's president things should work out the way it should have from the very beginning. What you are going through is quite unacceptable for a company such as ESP.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Mr. Masciandaro called again today. He said 2 weeks, so I should have my guitar by the 15th or so…we shall see. I do believe he is sincere in his apologies and his effort to get my guitar to me.

I don’t know if he saw this thread.

Yes it is “ridiculous” and “quite unacceptable,” I agree 100 percent. But he is seeing to it I get the guitar as fast as possible, I'm gratefull for that. He can't reverse what happened in the past.

“Good, he bes' knock off a few dollars,” he hasn’t done that. I don’t really expect that…maybe he will send a couple t-shirts…ohhh, get Hetfield to sign the guitar that would be cool. I don’t expect any of that to happen but something would be nice.
i thought my experience with themusicfarm was terrible, but you got it miles worse. My experience with MF is I tried to buy a dlxjrv and paid the money, then 2 weeks later my order info was "lost" in moving their equipment, the refunded and I placed order again with a discount. 2 weeks later they apparently wrote the wrong address which was the correct addresswhen they read it to me. Placed order again, the next 2 weeks my order was canceled for some odd reason, they apologized like their life depended on it and tried to put mky order out again. 2 weeks later theysaid I had to pay full price and pay by paypal, that was the first time Todd talked to me and he was a prick. I gave him the F word and hung up.

never buy from the musicfarm.

post pics when your guitar arrives, is it black or white?
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by dapsnakebyte
Mr. Masciandaro called again today. He said 2 weeks, so I should have my guitar by the 15th or so…we shall see. I do believe he is sincere in his apologies and his effort to get my guitar to me.

I don’t know if he saw this thread.

Yes it is “ridiculous” and “quite unacceptable,” I agree 100 percent. But he is seeing to it I get the guitar as fast as possible, I'm gratefull for that. He can't reverse what happened in the past.

“Good, he bes' knock off a few dollars,” he hasn’t done that. I don’t really expect that…maybe he will send a couple t-shirts…ohhh, get Hetfield to sign the guitar that would be cool. I don’t expect any of that to happen but something would be nice.

to be honest, if i was a ceo of a multi million dollar company, and i had to adress something with a customer of this huge an issue. i would overnight them a brand new snakebyte, and refund them all their money. thats how you get return business.
Quote by DimebagZappa
They're replacing the guitar. So you waited 5+ months and got crappy service. Involving bbb and a lawyer seems to be in excess. ever deal with xbox support? 7 xbox 360's down so far, serveral 'lost in the mail', sent back broken, refused service...
Still own an xbox.

Kinda off topic, but I bought my 360 new with one of those Nyko fan thingies. Everyone told me "Don't use that fan, it'll fry your Xbox" or "it'll void your warranty".

3 years and possibly thousands of hours, I haven't had 1 red ring. Everyone else I know has had to send theirs in.

On topic, I'd definitely cancel my order if they didn't sweeten the hell out of that deal. I'm sure the snakebyte is cool and you want one, but it's been over 6 months, surely the GAS has worn off and you can find something else that will satisfy you?
Quote by W4RP1G
Kinda off topic, but I bought my 360 new with one of those Nyko fan thingies. Everyone told me "Don't use that fan, it'll fry your Xbox" or "it'll void your warranty".

3 years and possibly thousands of hours, I haven't had 1 red ring. Everyone else I know has had to send theirs in.

You got lucky. I've seen the Nyko Intercoolers smoke and bursts into flames right in front of my eyes
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
You got lucky. I've seen the Nyko Intercoolers smoke and bursts into flames right in front of my eyes

I did my research first. The original intercooler had a metal piece in the power receptacle that would ground short out and catch fire. After it became an issue, Nyko made the new version with no metal to short out. The issue after that came with claims that an external power source was required because the fan was robbing power from the xbox, but those claims were nothing more than speculation.
Quote by W4RP1G
I did my research first. The original intercooler had a metal piece in the power receptacle that would ground short out and catch fire. After it became an issue, Nyko made the new version with no metal to short out. The issue after that came with claims that an external power source was required because the fan was robbing power from the xbox, but those claims were nothing more than speculation.

No. The first versions were plastic then the metal was made when the original plastic ones were melting. Then they made the intercooler ts which has it's own power supply. Trust me, you're lucky
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
No. The first versions were plastic then the metal was made when the original plastic ones were melting. Then they made the intercooler ts which has it's own power supply. Trust me, you're lucky
I guess I got it backwards. Been 3 years since I read about it.

I'm sure luck has nothing to do with it, it's not poker. There is way too much speculation on the internet and not enough common sense. There are people that actually believe the parasitic power consumption caused their xbox to overheat, but that's not how it works. Like I said, everyone I know has had the RROD except me and I'm the only one who uses the intercooler. They would probably call me luck too...
Quote by W4RP1G
I guess I got it backwards. Been 3 years since I read about it.

I'm sure luck has nothing to do with it, it's not poker. There is way too much speculation on the internet and not enough common sense. There are people that actually believe the parasitic power consumption caused their xbox to overheat, but that's not how it works. Like I said, everyone I know has had the RROD except me and I'm the only one who uses the intercooler. They would probably call me luck too...

Yeah. Having an xbox last 3 years is luck haha. I was a big part of the xbox forums for a while and knew pretty much everything about them. Not so much anymore because those forums suck balls now. But yeah xboxs really aren't mad to last sadly. At least the older ones aren't. New ones are a lot better QC. But back on topic. I derailed the **** out of this thread lol
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
Yeah. Having an xbox last 3 years is luck haha. I was a big part of the xbox forums for a while and knew pretty much everything about them. Not so much anymore because those forums suck balls now. But yeah xboxs really aren't mad to last sadly. At least the older ones aren't. New ones are a lot better QC. But back on topic. I derailed the **** out of this thread lol

Yup this thread is f-ed. The RROD is simple really, the processor gets hot and warps the mounting brackets. You just keep it cool. I've run it with the intercooler off and on, the difference is substantial. It gets hot enough to fry an egg with it off. MS would have done well to make their own external fan and just sell that.
All my problems were gone the second I bought an elite.
Ive used the cooling fan, one base mount and one rear mount, didn't help my xboxes at all.
Just bought the gears 3 new console, very quiet and stays pretty cool. No issues so far.
Quote by DimebagZappa
All my problems were gone the second I bought an elite.
Ive used the cooling fan, one base mount and one rear mount, didn't help my xboxes at all.
Just bought the gears 3 new console, very quiet and stays pretty cool. No issues so far.

Yeah the new "slim" xbox's uses a 45nm chip instead of the 90nm that the first xbox's used. Makes a HUGE difference
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
amazing how a bad guitar shop customer service thread turned into a xbox failure thread.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Its all along the same lines.
I just said something about the awful customer service I'd gotten from xbox and it turned into this. I didn't even get to talk to bill gates. This guy got way better service.
I take it for what it is, a product. I bought the Xbox knowing of the high failure rate because I much prefer xbox live over PSN, but I hate MS as a company, and I hate Windows(I use linux).

I guess just know what you're getting into and decide if it's worth it? I know ESPs are good, but I don't think they are good enough to make someone go through what the TS went through for over 6 months.
About the Snakebyte, let us know how it shows up. That shit better be pristine or I'd be pretty pissed off.

About the Xbox, this is exactly why I stopped playing. Every since the bullshit I went through with my PS2, and hearing all of the troubles my friends and others have had with their Xbox/PS2/360/PS3 etc. I've just recently started dablling in gaming again, mostly simple stuff with the Wii and PC. It's ****ing disgusting that these companies charge a fairly significant amount of money for a piece of hardware that shits out on you in under a year. The fact that most of the players will bend over and take it in the ass is even worse, someone here said they've had to send send theirs in seven times now? After number three or four I would've let them have it, filed a formal complaint with the BBB, and been done with that bullshit. I don't care how fun the games are, it's not worth it.

All in all, good for you OP, the whole reason the president called you is more than likely because of your complaint to the BBB and attorney involvement. Hopefully this gets them to take a good hard look at what's wrong with the chain of production there.
Quote by dapsnakebyte

He should just send you Hetfield in a box. Or better still, a free copy of Lulu
Hetfield in a time machine, maybe.

...and is it just me or is EVERYBODY hating on Lulu nowadays?
Quote by broc5k
About the Snakebyte, let us know how it shows up. That shit better be pristine or I'd be pretty pissed off.

About the Xbox, this is exactly why I stopped playing. Every since the bullshit I went through with my PS2, and hearing all of the troubles my friends and others have had with their Xbox/PS2/360/PS3 etc. I've just recently started dablling in gaming again, mostly simple stuff with the Wii and PC. It's ****ing disgusting that these companies charge a fairly significant amount of money for a piece of hardware that shits out on you in under a year. The fact that most of the players will bend over and take it in the ass is even worse, someone here said they've had to send send theirs in seven times now? After number three or four I would've let them have it, filed a formal complaint with the BBB, and been done with that bullshit. I don't care how fun the games are, it's not worth it.

All in all, good for you OP, the whole reason the president called you is more than likely because of your complaint to the BBB and attorney involvement. Hopefully this gets them to take a good hard look at what's wrong with the chain of production there.

i had one ring of death, and that was when me and a friend took our entire friday night and all of saturday to play cod nonstop.
Quote by broc5k
Hetfield in a time machine, maybe.

...and is it just me or is EVERYBODY hating on Lulu nowadays?

i know right?its like theres only 3 of us who actually excited for lulu
Yeah the artwork is... meh. I liked the song though, I'm excited to hear it. I just think most people unfamiliar with Lou Reed will have issues with his style off singing.
Page 1 of 2