Poll: Would You Join the Military?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would You Join the Military?
Yes
93 31%
No
166 56%
Unsure
37 13%
Voters: 296.
Page 1 of 5
I personally wouldn't. I don't really want to do the vigorous training, I don't want to possibly get killed and I don't like idea of killing someone else.
Probably not. If I did though it would be the RAF.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Fuck no, I am not willing to go kill and die for this country.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
If I got the chance to invade pointless countries like France and Ireland. Then yes.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
btdt
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by LostLegion
I personally wouldn't. I don't really want to do the vigorous training, I don't want to possibly get killed and I don't like idea of killing someone else.

You do know that not every job in the military requires you to do combat. My brother's been in for 7 years and he job lets him stay inside everyday.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
yes in some circumstances like me getting sick superpowers and fighting demons and shit
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by LostLegion

This, however I have thought (and am still kind of thinking) about it in order to train and qualify as a paramedic.
Quote by padgea7x
If I got the chance to invade pointless countries like France and Ireland. Then yes.

You've done it before
Intensive training could be fun, I enjoy physical activities a lot. But then, have my superiors bitch at me all the time and the possibility of going to war are a big no. Screw my country
Quote by LostLegion
You've done it before

Yeah but that was meant to be a holiday.

I think I'd quite like the training. I wouldn't have minded joining Ireland's military, as they pretty much just do peacekeeping missions.

I just don't think I'd enjoy the very strict ordering around and stuff, nor would I enjoy being far away if I didn't want to be.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by padgea7x
Yeah but that was meant to be a holiday.

Shooting innocent people in Croke Park is not my idea of a good holiday. It would be like something from Ryanair.
What a phallic poll-result...

OT: No, I would not.
DeVillains!
Whoa, post didn't go through for some reason.

Yeah, I would. I'm considering signing up in the next year or two, and I probably will.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by LostLegion
Shooting innocent people in Croke Park is not my idea of a good holiday. It would be like something from Ryanair.

Don't be so silly. Irish people aren't innocent.

The Irish military is a joke... you don't technically even have to go into combat if you don't want to but yet you get paid.

OT: No.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Sep 17, 2011,
Been there, done that. It's not as crazy and killey as people make it sound. I've been in almost half my enlistment and I'm yet to shoot or be shot at.

...but then, I'm also in the Air Force.
Im gonna have to- Israeli guys and girls usually have to enlist at 18: guys till they're 21 and girls till they're 20.

While i'm probably not going to become a killer nor am i going to die, beacuse of medical and family reasons, i'm going to enlist in about a year (current date is November 19).
Tis a sig
Quote by madbasslover
Been there, done that. It's not as crazy and killey as people make it sound. I've been in almost half my enlistment and I'm yet to shoot or be shot at.

...but then, I'm also in the Air Force.

Yeah, you Chair Forcers just sit around playing blackjack with hookers while the marines get shot and blown up.

I'd take the blackjack and hookers.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I would, and it had always been my dream to join up to the infantry, but that was ruined when my knees completely gave up and has left me unable to run...
Military's different here. Maybe I'll join the National Reserve. If some serious shit like a disaster happens out here, I'll be there to help. I'll also get some training, and I'll get paid for attending the trainings. I'll be in it for four years if I choose to join. So maybe I'll do that.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Honest? I'm too heavy to get in, even if I wanted to. That said, no, I wouldn't volunteer for it. Getting drafted would suck though.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Quote by conor-figgy
The Irish military is a joke... you don't technically even have to go into combat if you don't want to but yet you get paid.

OT: No.

That's not true.
"Overseas Service is deemed mandatory for all personnel in the Defence Forces."
http://www.military.ie/careers/faq

You might be getting it confused with the recent mission in Chad, which was controversial due to the real possibility of service men dying there. The Military pointed out, in order to quieten the controversy, that all people being sent to Chad had volunteered for the duty.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
No. I refuse to kill people.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'm not fit enough for training. Besides I don't feel like supporting this country. If this country was going to be invaded I would just round up people and we'de go hiding in the middle of nowhere
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Actually I feel like I'm the slimy traitor dude. So if my country was invaded I'd betray shit like nothing.

besides patriotism is gay
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by LostLegion

This is exactly what makes me not want to go into the military.

Though the other parts of it wouldn't be so bad, and the benefits seem pretty nice. I'd still rather not be a part of it.
wheres the option for "I already did" ?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I used to really want to be in the RAF. Passed the officer selection board. Didn't go in in the end. I wouldn't do it nowadays.
Already managed to get out of service. I'm currently working at community service instead (not mandatory, but it makes me feel I'm doing something with my life).
Yeah, I would

Also, inb4 Zoot slams the US/British military forces
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I've thought about possibly joining the Marines in a few years, so yes
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Yeah, you Chair Forcers just sit around playing blackjack with hookers while the marines get shot and blown up.

As long as people keep thinking that, they won't be in our way.
Only if Ireland was under threat. But even so, I think most invading armies would go through our military without too much difficulty... waiting for the dust to settle and joining the resistance would be a better idea
Page 1 of 5