Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Is it possible to turn the auto-shutdown when it gets too hot on the xbox slim? Because I have a feeling I may have done that by accident, so if it is, could you possibly tell me how to check it.

2.) Are there any more ways to prolong the life of my xbox? So far I do the following:

-Rip games to HDD
-Keep the room my xbox is in well ventillated
-Don't really play on it for more than 1/1.5 hours

Thanks guys,

Aidan.
don't play over 4 hours a day
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
dont play it at all
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
You'll be fine, just don't leave it on overnight.

The X360 overheating problems were with earlier units (mine lasted a good 18 months before it RR'd). The slim 360's probs won't die on you.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Two very simple steps:
1) Throw Xbox out of window.
2) Buy PS3.

/tryingtostartafight.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by NosralTserrof
You'll be fine, just don't leave it on overnight.

The X360 overheating problems were with earlier units (mine lasted a good 18 months before it RR'd). The slim 360's probs won't die on you.

Cheers mate
I've heard that the Slims are more robust than the Pros. But even if the slim does develop a problem, you can just send it back to Microsoft and they'll repair it for free if it's still under warranty and get it back to you quickly.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
You should be fine really - its inevitable the machine will heat up after a while of play. Just make sure its in a well ventilated area with good airflow.
Quote by Section 5
I've heard that the Slims are more robust than the Pros. But even if the slim does develop a problem, you can just send it back to Microsoft and they'll repair it for free if it's still under warranty and get it back to you quickly.

Sigh, that's the dream... They might repair it for you but it definitely won't be quick. We're talking Microsoft here, not Apple.

/alsotryingtostartafight

In all srsness though, I really want a 360 slim, probably will get one when Skyrim comes out.
off-topic: my xbox got red rings so i took my brothers slightly older one to use it and the power cord doesn't fit (its an older generation 360) and im trying to buy a power adapter for his generation 360 (we don't have it) and i don't know where to trust online, and gamestop has it for $50 which im not gonna pay for a simple cord. has anyone ever bought from amazon one of these and if so which wattage do i need? bcz if i use the one i have its more watts and will fry the xbox
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Give it morphine.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
The slim model is soooooo much better than the older ones. You shouldn't have any problems.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
My XBOX that I bought in the summer of 2008 STILL hasn't RROD'd. Beast.

That's not that impressive, my original 360 which was bought on release never red ringed. They fixed most red ring problems by 08 anyways, with the introduction of the falcon board.

As for both questions

Slims have rather good ventilation, as long as you don't cover it in blankets 24/7 it should be fine. if you want to be very frugal about it, every week or so take a can of compressed air to all its vents, most RROD was caused by poor ventilation on the users part. ( you don't dare say it was user error however). Always install a game to you're harddrive. thats probably the best thing you can possibly do to prolong your xbox, increase load times, and save games.

And for the other question, just get one off ebay. if you can get a pre 08 one, They have a ground. I have no idea why they dropped the ground, but all the older cables have a ground.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!