I've been looking for a be-all and end-all metal pedal for quite some time. Everything I've tried either sounded fizzy, or just didn't pack the amount of gain that I'd like to have. Enter this little guy, the Greenhouse Effects Nobrainer pedal, from Israel. I tried 6-7 boutique distortion boxes side by side, and this guy came out the very obvious winner. The pedal starts at British crunch ala Judas Priest and goes all the way up to the heaviest metal you can imagine. It has an active tone control, and does an incredible job of emulating the kind of tone you'd get from a cranked Mesa or Engl. It also cleans up tremendously with your guitar's volume knob.

And if that's not good enough, the pedal is called the Nobrainer and the graphic has a guy with shoulder length hair wearing a flannel shirt, with a shotgun in his mouth. hmm, wonder who that could be? :P

So let's recap: amazing, noiseless devastating tone? check. A comedic jab at grunge? check.

Here's a photo:

I honestly don't think you can buy a more versatile, better sounding distortion box for medium to super high gain. I loved my Suhr Riot and it was my main distortion box for months, but this pedal offers much more versatility and a whole lot more gain on tap, and so it was just what i was looking for. Highly recommended!
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Sep 19, 2011,
Congrats man
HNGD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
don't like that jab but would like to hear it
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Quote by drying out
don't like that jab but would like to hear it

Gotta have a sense of humor about these things . I'll get some clips up as soon as I can, in the meantime there's a bunch of youtube demos of this thing.
Quote by CustomAxe
Gotta have a sense of humor about these things . I'll get some clips up as soon as I can, in the meantime there's a bunch of youtube demos of this thing.

Nirvana actually didnt pass my mind when I saw the shotgun.....I was thinking about Dead Ohlin

For the uninitiated, his wiki page makes an interesting (and slightly creepy) read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_%22Dead%22_Ohlin
Hah wow, never even heard of that. That said, this pedal could have anything on it and it would still have a home on my board. Just pure organic brootalz.
sweet, they're meant to be nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by roshjosh
So it sounds like a DS-1 eh?

Troll-ol
Quote by philipk
israel ftw
HNPD

haha, indeed! Thanks! It takes a boost from my Buster Jangle pedal and my EP booster REALLY well too.
This pedal's design is like a crash course in how to keep Dave Grohl from ever using your products.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
This pedal's design is like a crash course in how to keep Dave Grohl from ever using your products.

Hahaha, so true.

Quote by NakedInTheRain
looking good dude! just out of curiosity, which other pedals did you compare it with?

I compared it side by side with the following:

Maxon SM-9 Pro Plus, Menatone None More Black, Rivera Metal Shaman, Zvex Box of Metal, and another pedal I forget. It was the best of the bunch for what I wanted.