It really bothers me. I can't see for myself because they don't sell them in my country.

So can you pull up the trem in Charvel pro mod San Dimas MIJ? Or whatever MIA, but I'm probably getting the mij.

It says its "recessed" on the website but I've heard someone saying that you can only dive - is that true?
You can only dive. It sucks. I want a SoCal Pro Mod but it isn't recessed, which is why I probably won't get it.
If you know how to set up tremolos, then you should be able to make it float. Which is basically adjusting the spring tension in the back of the guitar and then tuning back up and repeating. You should be able to set it up to float, aka-pull up w/ the whammy, with no problems. But if you want it to be dive-only, then you can set it up like that as well. So yes and no. just depends on how its set up.
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
I have a Pro Mod So-Cal,

Yes you can pull it up, not by alot though, you can raise a note about 1-2 frets
So you can actually Droptune without buying a tremol-no on this guitar?? : O

I mean without other strings going totally out of tune
Quote by MvAgusta
So you can actually Droptune without buying a tremol-no on this guitar?? : O

I mean without other strings going totally out of tune

You can drop tune on it without the Tremol-no, but it'll take a bit to adjust the springs and all that fun stuff.
Last edited by xShade at Sep 17, 2011,
Yes, you can set it up as floating or for dive only. I have three - one set up for dive only, one floating, and one floating set up for drop C tuning. These are fantastic guitars. It doesn't have a recessed trem, but that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it floats.
Quote by xShade
You can drop tune on it without the Tremol-no, but it'll take a bit to adjust the springs and all that fun stuff.

Could you possibly please link me the place I could study about that?

Or can a luthier do it so I can drop it with a single movement of the tuning key? If yes, well - then it's pretty much decided that I'm going for the Charvel. I'll have to think twice if not.
(I mean without d-tuna,tremolno or wooden block or whatever)
Quote by MvAgusta
Could you possibly please link me the place I could study about that?

Or can a luthier do it so I can drop it with a single movement of the tuning key? If yes, well - then it's pretty much decided that I'm going for the Charvel. I'll have to think twice if not.
(I mean without d-tuna,tremolno or wooden block or whatever)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

You can take it to a luthier or any music store that does setups, but they will still have to adjust the springs in the back, basically everything you'll have to do it if you decide to do it yourself. There is no easy way to tune a guitar with a Floyd unless you block it, which is why it's recommended that you have another guitar for other tunings since you'll want to leave the FR in one tuning, preferably your main/most used tuning so that you have to stress yourself out changing tunings, especially if you change tunings a lot.
if you really want recessed, some of the older wildcards had recessed trems.

regarding the pro mods, yeah, pretty much as has been said, you can pull up a little, but not as much as with a recessed floyd.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a san dimas production model from 2009. the promod series are the same expect those are made in japan and the 2009 series were build in americana.

now i can pull my floyd up one whole note so you could say 2 frets if you'd use your finger to play that note. the thing is that it isnt designed to do that and i only use it to give my bends a bit more frequency. when i pull my floyd to the max it cut little into the finish but not heavily. my guitar now has a small cut in the finish underneath the floyd at b string but it helped me with playing which was good for me.

in short, can pull up, not meant to, not good for finish/pickguard,supposed to be dive only, awesome guitar, neck is close to as good as sex