Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue. I play a 5 string bass, typically in some variant of drop A, but none of the tuners that I've tried (pitchblack, M13's built in tuner, amplitube) are registering the low A. How do you guys accurately tune your low string if you play in A or lower? Is there a tuner out there that will actually register these low frequencies?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I do a harmonic on the 12th. Works perfectly for me.
Last edited by av0n at Sep 17, 2011,
If it picks up the E just tune it relative.
Saints walk the earth
They don't patrol the skies
They're the people right behind you
Riding tandem through the night
It's the comfort that's discovered
Through two sets of eyes
It's the hand that stills the other
That shakes like candlelight
If I'm trying to play my 5 string bass in Drop A I just hold the 7th fret and tune to E. 12th fret harmonic as av0n said is probably a better idea actually.
Harmonic idea is good, my TC polytune works nicely that low too.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
My Korg GT-10 can handle my low G string nice and easy.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Harmonic at 12th or 5th fret. If your bass has a good setup it should be good :3
Professional lurker since 2009.
My Korg DTR-1000 can do it, but it's a bit pricey for a tuner. I heard the Sabine rackmount tuner is also nice if you're into that stuff.
pinga
I have a little Korg CA-1. It tracks down to 23hz~ on a flubby .080 guitar string.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221