At the moment I have a Blackstar HT20 from my metal days, and recently I've been getting into cleaner, bluesy/funky stuff.

I want an amp with great clean sounds and it has to be able to take pedals really well. I was looking at the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue but it's 40 watts and preferably I'd want less (around 15-30 at most). My budget is around £1000 ($1579), so is there anything that would suit me well?

Examples of tones I need to get :
John Mayer - Slow dancing in a burning room

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - The adventures of rain dance maggie

The Kooks - Gap < This is probably my most desired sound, even though the other 2 are just as needed.

Thank you in advance
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
for that mayer tone... get a two-rock.

other than that, a fender '65 deluxe reverb

there's one going on ebay for $875 link

edit: it's 22 watts not 65 in case anyone was confused

further edit because i'm blind: forgot to notice you're in £'s not $'s so here's a google shopping link do the '65 deluxe reverb, it's £980 over here link

also there's a limited edition 'wine red' version of it here for £1099.00

hope this post (and it's many edits) helps
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Sep 17, 2011,
Vox AC 15/30
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Would a Fender or a Vox be better for the type of music I need to do?
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
Fender for sure!

vox are nice, don't get me wrong, but even vox modelling amps base their cleans on fenders rather than vox, i know, i've got the VT50 and the AC settings are close to clean but not quite, the "boutique clean" settings are based on fenders.

so yeh, i'd say fender '65 deluxe reverb is almost certainly what you need.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
A Deluxe Reverb is a great amp for cleans and bluesy overdriven tones once you pass 11-12:00 on the volume.