So this is probably a really amateur question but i really want a new bridge pickup and the DiMarzio Super Distortion Looks a real nice choice for me i have a esp ex and the pickup says it has floyd spacing and i dont have a floyd on my guitar does this matter?
Many Thankss
Quote by Ghold125
Get the option for non f-spaced.

ahh does it actally matter and i was thinking maybe the x2n instead im undecided sugestions??
Dimarzio makes some nice pickups. I recently put a set of D-Activators in my guitar and I really like them, they have great harmonic overtones and are super clear and really drive the amp well. If you play anything with a decent amount of distortion I would suggest giving those a look or perhaps the Evolution which is a great pickup
Quote by InhalingAshes
Dimarzio makes some nice pickups. I recently put a set of D-Activators in my guitar and I really like them, they have great harmonic overtones and are super clear and really drive the amp well. If you play anything with a decent amount of distortion I would suggest giving those a look or perhaps the Evolution which is a great pickup

yeah i have heard really good stuff about the d activators i was looking at them and if i was to get some DiMarzio would it actually matter if they were f spaced or not because i cant seem to find a set that aren't f spaced i have a stop tail by the way.
Quote by NathanBell
yeah i have heard really good stuff about the d activators i was looking at them and if i was to get some DiMarzio would it actually matter if they were f spaced or not because i cant seem to find a set that aren't f spaced i have a stop tail by the way.

I have a Floyd Rose on my guitar so i have F spaced but the D-Activators are available in regular spacing as well. If you go to dimarzio.com they have info on all of the pickups as well as an email tech@dimarzio.com that you can send an email to asking whether or not regular spacing would be the right fit for your guitar
TS it's really hard to suggest a new pickup without knowing more information about your rig, as well as what you want to change. Keep in mind I think that DiMarzio has a pickup return/swap policy available, I haven't tried it myself.
He didn't ask for a pickup suggestion really, at least not in his first post. For the question he did ask, it doesn't matter about his gear. What matters most is that the spacing of the pickup wont match exactly the string spacing on your guitar. It will certainly have an affect, the only question would be, how much. Some strings , the ones not centered on the poles, will produce a slightly weaker signal than a string that is centered. It sounds like crap...
Quote by IbanezBossShred
He didn't ask for a pickup suggestion really, at least not in his first post. For the question he did ask, it doesn't matter about his gear. What matters most is that the spacing of the pickup wont match exactly the string spacing on your guitar. It will certainly have an affect, the only question would be, how much. Some strings , the ones not centered on the poles, will produce a slightly weaker signal than a string that is centered. It sounds like crap...

I see you seem the most knowledgeable in this topic any suggestions for some passive pickups for the bridge that can play some heavy shit!!

Guitar;
ESP LTD EX
Basswood
Solid Body Tail Stop
Quote by IbanezBossShred
. Some strings , the ones not centered on the poles, will produce a slightly weaker signal than a string that is centered. It sounds like crap...

Ah no, that's just bollocks. I've installed non-f-spaced pups in FR guitars, and F-spaced pups into stop tail guitars and there's ABSOLUTELY no difference in tone. All you're looking at is a difference of 2mm in spacing.

What F spacing does is to ensure your strings are directly over the pole pieces. If it's not f-spaced, then some strings will be off-centred (typically the treble strings), but it does not have any effect on your tone. The magnetic fields projected above the pickup does not project upwards like a beam of light, but like a rounded circle, so even if your strings are off centred, the impact is psychological more than anything.

F spacing just makes your geetar look real fancy like 'em rock stars geetars.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by IbanezBossShred

well... you're saying that a guitar player would experience a tremolo effect (volume fluctuation) when they bend the strings. strings are going off the pole piece... i've never experienced that tho. have u?

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
try the pickup chosing thread.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by ECistheBest
well... you're saying that a guitar player would experience a tremolo effect (volume fluctuation) when they bend the strings. strings are going off the pole piece... i've never experienced that tho. have u?

Excellent point. I don't do much with bends, but I've never heard those that do have any issues. Maybe it wont matter. But since you have to order it, why not just order the right one.