Looking for something budgeted that will let me record at least 4 tracks simultaneously.
Thanks!
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
Also: garage band? WTF?
Get a real Daw, Like Reaper at least.

Uhh, I'd call GarageBand just as good if not better than Reaper.

Whats your budget for your interface?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I've heard demos done with Garageband that rival the best DAW's. IN THE RIGHT HANDS it's very powerful.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Focusrite makes amazing gear in all price ranges. Great usb2.0 and FW interfaces
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Used Presonus Firepod/FP10
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I don't recommend anything by Presonus or Maudio. For the money there are much better options: Focusrite, MOTU (AWFUL tech support), RME
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
I don't recommend anything by Presonus or Maudio. For the money there are much better options: Focusrite, MOTU (AWFUL tech support), RME

I'm sorry, but there's not a single interface any of those companies makes that is in the same price range as the Firepod and has as many inputs with good preamps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm sorry, but there's not a single interface any of those companies makes that is in the same price range as the Firepod and has as many inputs with good preamps.

Thats because the Firepod has been discontinued because it was a shitty interface.

Honestly TS, why do you need 4 inputs? I mean, unless you plan to record drums, you wouldn't need more than 2. If you do need drums, I'd shoot for an interface with 8 inputs like the Focusrite Saffire 40.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Thats because the Firepod has been discontinued because it was a shitty interface.

Not really...

I upgraded mine to a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and the preamps might be cleaner on the Focusrite, but the preamps sounded much more aggressive on the Firepod for reamps, which I much preferred. Honestly, I'm considering getting another one just as a dedicated reamp interface, or just upgrading my interface to something even higher end, cause the Focusrite is a pain trying to get it to sound good for them on heavier music
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com