Hey everyone. I ordered an ESP/LTD EC-1000 W/ a Floyd Rose bridge in See thru black. The guitar specs are found here.

What I am having a problem with is fret buzz on the 5th and 6th strings (the two thickest near the top of the fret board). I have been trying to get my guitar setup properly for Drop C tuning (D-A-F-C-G-C) and I am having so much trouble. I am currently using Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings on the guitar (11-14-18p-28-38-48) and having no luck. On mainly the lower frets I am having some pretty annoying fret buzz and I am unsure as to what the hell is going on at this point. I had an Ibanez S520ex with a zero resistance floating bridge on it before and didn't have nearly this much trouble with it.

I have the bridge sitting flush with the body so that is no issue at this point, it is perfectly flush. Where my problem is coming in I believe is either with the string gauge or the truss road, and get this. I have taken it in to my local music shop (Long & Mcquade Canada) and had them do a "professional setup" for about 30 bucks to see if they could get it nice and setup.

I picked my guitar up today only to come home and find out it is barely any better than I had it myself. I believe they put a slight cup in the neck with the truss rod and thats about it. I have already put 2 spacers underneath the locking nut bridge of the guitar in hopes of raising the strings up far away enough from the first frets so that they don't buzz when I am using the first few frets but to no avail, I still have fret buzz (mostly the C-G-C strings)

I am not sure at this point if I should try and go with thicker gauge strings or lower gauge strings in hopes of trying to get rid of the damn buzz or what to do.

I have also tried raising the action on the tremelo/bridge in hopes of getting the strings further away but I really dont want to raise it anymore and have the action super high just to get rid of some fret buzz...

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks, Keith.

P.S- If anyone needs pictures to get an idea of anything on my guitar right now please let me know and as soon as I see the comment I will get right on it.
Check the truss rod, there should be a little bit of neck relief, not to mention the strings you're using for Drop C are fairly thin, I'd suggest 12-52 for your drop C, so you can move up to D standard and have a nice tension, when you drop it to C, it will have JUST enough looseness for some nice wide vibrato on pinch harmonics. So try that, either that or a 54 would be perfect for Drop C. So those are my suggestions.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Awesome, I really appreciate the help bud. I will go and grab some heavier gauge strings (probably 54's to be safe because I mainly use only drop C) to try and remedy my problem before messing with my truss rod anymore.
No problem man, yeah a 54 would be perfect if you use mostly drop C, just see where that takes you, if it's about the same, just slight neck adjustment, little neck relief (SLIGHT bow if you're not sure.) Should work man, good luck.
ಠ_ಠ

I was just taking a peek at some other strings (but im not sure if my local shop carries them) but they are ernie ball "not even" 12-56, do you think they would be too thick? I suppose I should try the ernie ball beefy slinky's first (11-54) but it is another option. I feel pretty confident on either of those sets because it says right on the site they are both recommended for de-tuning as to where my power slinky's are not.

If im still having trouble with the fret buzz then I will start taking another look at the neck and such. Once again I really appreciate the help!
nope, I use 13-56 for C standard/Drop Bb I find it fine, the higher strings are a LITTLE tight, but I sort of prefer them tight, I don't do a whole lot of big bends.
But those 12-56 would also be perfect, I just tend to like thicker strings haha.

Worst case and you DO have to adjust the neck and put a little bit of relief, you only do quarter turns, it's not as scary as most people think adjusting their truss rod is, wouldn't stress it, again, no problem man, glad to help.
ಠ_ಠ

I never really thought about the bends, but I don't really do any big bends either so I think I would like to go with the 56's to be on the safe side! The chunkier the better haha. Yeah I played with the truss rod a bit before I brought it in but I couldn't get it right and obviously neither could they (oddly they didn't say anything to me about it) so I would think the only thing left to do is get bigger strings. Hopefully I can find somewhere open on sundays because I would really like to get my guitar in perfect working condition because the fret buzz drives me nuts but I doubt it. Oh well, I feel better now that I have a good idea of what to do!
Yessir, it's just the treble strings I find a tad hard to do huge bends, I can do them, just like I said, just a tad tight. Oh, make sure to put the strings on BEFORE adjusting the truss rod, see how the tension of the thicker strings affect the neck, if the tension alone from the strings makes a slight bend in the neck, then you're fine. You only want enough relief to have about a pick (about a thick pick, 1mm around that) under the 12th fret while pressing on the first and last fret on your string.

So hold those down, and there should be a small little gap just about a picks
ಠ_ಠ

Well I am going to get some new strings today and put them on so well see how it turns out! I would imagine I will need to do a tremelo spring adjustment because the strings are heavier gauge and will probably throw my bridge off a bit but thats no big deal. I will post back here and let you know how it goes if I still need help, thanks.
You can use an allen wrench to raise the action of the bridge by raising hte bridge posts... Sshims probably won't help as much under the bridge saddles. Check the Floyd Rose Setup guide in this very forum for info.

Make sure the posts are even and the bridge is level. I have a feeling your buzzing problem is likely the lighter strings, though...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
So I got heavier strings and they helped a bunch. I still have a TEENIEEE tiny bit of fret buzz here and there but almost noticeable. The posts are even and the bridge is level as can be, all is good now! Im happy with this guitar Thanks for the help guys.
No problem man, enjoy
ಠ_ಠ