I've had a regular old crybaby wah for a couple years. The wah effect got noticeably weaker over time. Now when I kick it on I get a slight tone change, but no effect whatsoever from the rocker. Any ideas how to remedy this?
Over time the pots wear out on those wah pedals. That's why I used optical wahs. Call up dunlop and ask what you can do to fix it. Most of the time it is just a matter of changing the pots.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
There are a lot of guys on here that would do a mod/repair for you.

Hey! Someone else from Columbus!
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

cry baby's have historically broken after a fear years... i owned one had it for two years, then it broke. So now i stay away..
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Have you... changed the battery?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks for the input everybody. I'm gonna attempt the repair myself. Should be a learning experience.

Quote by Raijouta
Have you... changed the battery?

It's on a power supply. Smartass.
He really wasn't being a smartass, that happens quite often.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Just needs a new pot, which are stupidly expensive for a pot...it's a ripoff, but you really can't get anything else. The cheapest one I saw was $15 for a wah pot.

The true bypass mod is pretty easy too, just need a DPDT switch, which can be had for $2, and add a pot to one of the resistors, there's two you can replace with a pot, just depends on what part of the frequency you want to affect.

The mods I did to mine sound excellent, has a nice boost when you kick it on for leads.

Thanks for the pics Ethan. I suppose while I'm at it I'll do the true bypass mod as well.
Quote by mcraddict81592
He really wasn't being a smartass, that happens quite often.

it does come up quite often. i would mod it, i have been thinking about picking one up for myself to mess with. i saw one for $30 on CL the other day.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/