Hello

Ive been playing guitar for a while but i have never bought any pedals. I have a Fender Squier Showmaster and a Peavey Classic 50. Im thinking about getting the nova drive pedal. I mostly play in my church's worship band but we like to crunch it up a bit. Would this be a good or bad pedal for me to get? Ive seen videos and review and it looks really good. I havent had time to go try it out at a store but i can get it pretty cheap off of amazon. What's your guy's opinion on it, and your opinion on it combined with my gear?
Last edited by rab1s at Sep 17, 2011,
I think it would be a perfect fit. I use my ND1 in the exact same situation (church/school worship band). The distortion side will crunch nicely, and the overdrive just puts it "there," if you know what I mean. I feed it into my Mesa's clean channel and work from there. It's great.
How much is it on Amazon? I managed (after a lot of patience) to get a new one off of ebay for $110. If you don't need it immediately, try to watch ebay for a while.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
I can get it for 190 after shipping. I'm not really in to ebay...i don't really have the patience to wait and bid.
To be honest, $190 isn't really one of those "jump on it" prices for the ND1, as they for for $190-$200 all day (new, buy it now) on ebay. But if you need it quickly, and you can't find a better price anywhere, and you're willing to pay $190 (which I'm assuming you are, considering you're even looking at the pedal), go for it. It's a great pedal, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.
I've been looking around and i cant find it for anything cheaper than that even on ebay, new at least.
Then, if you're willing, go for it.