Hi,
I need a distortion pedal. I usually play heavy metal but I also have a taste for blues rock. I need something that quech both my needs. budget under $150
ACE AND THE ASS
What's your amp?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

What is your current equipment?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
*looks at profile* *expects to see MG/Spider*

WAT. You shouldn't need a pedal to get what you want out of a JVM. Just mess with the channels/settings. That's a 4 channel amp, right?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^^reported

^this. Why would you need a dist pedal for a jvm?

Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
More importantly, why should I have to go look up your gear when you're in here looking for advice?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

You really shouldn't need any kind of distortion pedal to get those tones out of your JVM.
Quote by JesusCrisp
You really shouldn't need any kind of distortion pedal to get those tones out of your JVM.

+ however many
Joe satriani uses a distortion with a jvm, right?

The lovepedal purple plexi is great as far as I've heard, but I dunno if it will top the jvm's tone.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by evhbrianmay
Joe satriani uses a distortion with a jvm, right?

The lovepedal purple plexi is great as far as I've heard, but I dunno if it will top the jvm's tone.

Not sure if he's using it as boost, as distortion or if it's just on the pedalboard for the endorsement.

Anyway...
There is actually no level of gain between pristine clean and uber-br00t4l metal distortion that the JVM could NOT do.
fulltone fulldrive is you need an od
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
ummm... what's the Boss GT-10 for? rumour has it that it has distortion already.

find it tough to believe you have all that nice gear and don't know what to do with it.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Sep 18, 2011,
Dude, you've got 4 LTD's and a JVM and your asking for a distortion pedal for "heavy metal and blues rock". If you can't get a decent tone with your 4 guitars through a 4-channel $2000 Marshall then you have a serious problem.