Poll: which guitar do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: which guitar do you prefer?
Epiphone Les paul midnight with EMG81
6 43%
Ibanez RGR465 with Dimarzio D-activator &air norton
8 57%
Voters: 14.
ok here m confused which one to buy, as i love both EMG and dimarzio's unique sound.

1. epi les paul with EMG81 on it.
2.an Ibanez with dimarzio pickups installed.

i have played the epi in a store , really loved it, except had a little trouble soloing on the higher frets .i played for half n hour , and it was really giving a great feedback.

i have never played that ibanez , just saw on youtube. really love that tone. i think the d-activator and air norton makes a great combination on that ibanez.also it looks like it has a great playability.

please help me to decide ! thanks
Attachments:
ibanez.png
epi.jpg
They are very different guitars. Personally, I wouldn't touch either. The colour of Epi is just foul and I'm not a fan of floating bridges.
neither I'd get the PRS Tremonti for a budget guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'll agree, I don't think either are the right choice for you. Don't get a guitar just because you like it's tone in a youtube video. youtube isn't an accurate representation of tone, and even if it was, guitar has very little to do with tone in general - that's mainly your amp.

If you liked the way the Epiphone felt, don't get an Ibanez. The necks are like night and day. Check out LTD, or even Schecter for a somewhat similar neck thickness.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Can you provide year of production for Ibanez? The older it is the better for you.
The RGR has an EdgeIII. If you want a good Ibanez, find an Japanese RG on eBay. You can get an older 90s model for $500 and it will kill both of those guitars(though it's not really right to compare and Epi Les Paul to an RG anyway).