I really like what I've heard from S2.0 and most everyone on the Sneap forum seems to use it as their preferred drum program, but I enjoy the tones I get out of my two SSD products (EX and Trigger Platinum), and while I'd really like the flexibility of S2.0, I'm unsure that the sound quality will be an "upgrade."

Right now, audioMIDI is selling the EZDrummer to S2.0 Crossgrade for $100, and I can get EZDrummer for ~$70 on eBay... so I'd be getting a pretty decent deal. But, I don't really want to spend $170 if the upgrade in sound quality is only marginal on the Avatar kit.

What do you guys think?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I think I've prob said this before but SD is def good if you know how to mix, Slate is great for those too lazy to.

I still prefer Addictive over all but I did reinstall Superior and picked up Metal Foundry. Gonna love it when I get my whole iLok ordeal figured out. Also, if anyone knows where I can find the .iso for SSD EX, please point me in that direction. My DVD went missing when I moved out of my apartment. I have a working key, just no DVD :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I have both, they work well together. really well.

Though I paid nearly $450 for both, still worth it very much. its just nice to have kits thats don't sound like slate kits. And the overheads in s2.0 are miles better sounding than the SSD samples IMO. You have more flexability with control over bleed/spill and room mics.

Individual bleed control over all kit pieces and 4-5 room room mics.

Lockwolf, email slate about it, their support team is very helpful with that stuff.
Quote by lockwolf
I think I've prob said this before but SD is def good if you know how to mix, Slate is great for those too lazy to.

Yeah, that's not really an issue. In fact, the SSD preset I use now is very heavily modified, mixing-wise. SSD might get you in the ballpark quickly, but it's far from perfect from the get-go, for anything I feel comfortable putting my name on, at least.

That is a concern though - I feel like the SSD stuff sounds like SSD no matter what you do to it, with S2.0, I feel like I could create more unique sounds. However, if those sounds are only more "unique" and not necessarily "better," then I'll pass on spending $170 on the program for now, and get a Shure SM7b for other stuff instead.

Quote by seanington
I have both, they work well together. really well.

Though I paid nearly $450 for both, still worth it very much. its just nice to have kits thats don't sound like slate kits. And the overheads in s2.0 are miles better sounding than the SSD samples IMO. You have more flexability with control over bleed/spill and room mics.

Individual bleed control over all kit pieces and 4-5 room room mics.

Yeah, that's kinda why I'm really considering S2.0 - There's so much more you can do with S2.0, which really intrigues me. However, my friend who has both told me that the stock Avatar cymbals are quite bright, and he seemed to think that this was a bad thing. He said Metal Foundry's cymbals were darker and he likes them more, but that's an extra $150 on top of S2.0.

What is the CPU load on S2.0, compared to Kontakt with SSD?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just checked it on the template I use for drum programming - Everything routed and mixed individualy, incl. a reverb bus.

I have cymbals from S2.0:
Stereo Overhead Track (All kit bleed off)
Stereo Room Track (I keep a tiny amount of snare and tom bleed from the avatar kit)

Kit from SSD:
2 kicks blended. Overheads off, tiny amount of NRG room
2 snares blended. Overheads on, decent amount of NRG room.
I normally only use 2 toms. Overheads on, decent amount of NRG room.

On the individual routed tracks in cubase I have EQ, Compression etc on nearly everything to.

CPU was ranging from 10%-30%. Ram was around 48%.

Asus Mobo.
Intel Q9550.
4gb Ram.