Hi, I am new here and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be posting about this here I am sorry if it isn't.

I have finally mastered down "Stairway to Heaven" but I just can't get the right sound for anything (intro verse, solo...) Could anyone please help me think of something with the following equipment?

My guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard with gibson pickups
Epiphone Dot
Yamaha acoustic guitar

Amps:
Marshall MG15FX
Roland micro cube

Effect pedals:
Boss Distortion Pedal
Boss Digital delay (dd 7 i think but not sure)
Dunlop Cry baby Wahwah

Microphones:
2 shure pg57

Mixer
Alesis multi mix 8 usb

I really would appreciate anyhelp.
Thanks in advance and long live Rock n Roll
Jeremy
inb4 MG sucks.

But seriously, a new amp would help.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Jimmy as a big guy for Marshall amps. Plexi's and the lot. It'll take a lot of amp to really nail his sound, but for now with your equipment and budget, the best thing you can do to emulate and improve your tone is to just practice.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yes I know I need a new amp but I live in an apartment so i can't play real loud. Is it not possible at all do get close to the tone with what I have?
All you can really do is tweak around the settings and get someone as close as you can, it might take a while but there's really no alternative.

Maybe invest in a chorus peal for the opening?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Try the acoustic setting on the microcube, with a bit of chorus.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Ok thank you for the advice.
What i actually like doing when playing the song, is doing the intro with my acoustic guitar, the verses and chorus with my epiphone dot, (i'll try plugging it up to my micro cube like you'll said), and i do the solo and outro with my les paul and marshall.
I have lots of effects on my mixer as well.
Record your sound and upload it on teh interwebz so we can listen.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Ok I'll do that when I get home tonight. I'll upload tomorrow Probably. What file format?
Any. Just upload it to Soundcloud.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Might not sound logical but I'd probably use your Epi Dot over the Les Paul. Use the MG. Only a very, very small amount of distortion. Lots of reverb. An important thing in that song is dynamics too. Getting louder and quieter in certain points.
New amp would be most beneficial as Jimmy Page was a big fan of plexis, without that it'll be tough to copy his tone. Just keep playing around with the settings I guess
Quote by JustRooster
Jimmy as a big guy for Marshall amps. Plexi's and the lot. It'll take a lot of amp to really nail his sound, but for now with your equipment and budget, the best thing you can do to emulate and improve your tone is to just practice.

stairway was done on a Supro combo amp not marshalls. he also used a tele for the solo and i believe the same fender XII he used on Becks Bolero to play the beginning. he later got the double neck gibson so he could play it live.
Try going to a guitar shop and playing it over and over again on all their guitars and amps until you find the right sound.

They'll appreciate that.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by monwobobbo
stairway was done on a Supro combo amp not marshalls. he also used a tele for the solo and i believe the same fender XII he used on Becks Bolero to play the beginning. he later got the double neck gibson so he could play it live.

The double neck SG was not his first choice, but, he did use it. It's just all he could get hold of at the time. Playing the solo is not easy on an SG at all.