I do Shock Humour like in the OP funny
17 29%
I do not find Shock Humour like in the OP funny
26 45%
I am impartial
15 26%
Voters: 58.
Sup Pit,

Just wondering what the general consensus of the Pit is when it comes to humour. Do you find Shock humour funny?

Example of the type of shock humour I'm talking about

Q - Why did the baby die?

A - Cos I ****ed it with a bargepole!!!

Do you know what's unique about the human infant?

No matter which way you penetrate it, you achieve deep throat!

I'm all fine with shock humour if it actually has humour in it, but I know guys that just tell jokes like that all the time and they genuinely find it hilarious.

Poll coming soon
whats the difference between a dead baby and a trampoline?

You have to take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
shocking stuff can be funny, but I found the example you used crude and unfunny. The second one was better though.
In any case, I think there are funnier forms of humour out there for sure.

EDIT: the trampoline one was pretty funny
Last edited by guy_tebache at Sep 18, 2011,
I like shock humour, but it has to be clever in some way; it can't just be "why did the baby die? Because I *something sexually aggressive*". It has to be referencing something or be quite intricate.

I've gotten to a point with comedy where to find something amusing, it has to be witty. It can't just be stupid jokes or wordplay for the hell of it. It needs to make me think.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 18, 2011,
I fear this is going to be a dead baby joke thread.

Risque humour like stuff from Frankie Boyle is fine as long as it's clever... Shock humour is rubbish and not very witty. It's basically an anti joke but not a very good atempt.

From your examples, all I got is "Why do babys have holes? So i can put my willy in them and have sex until they die".
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Only funny if the joke teller has experience in the subject, and isn't just being an ass. Would you laugh more at a guy making Vietnam jokes, or a guy who went to Vietnam, making Vietnam jokes?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Silent Murder
From your examples, all I got is "Why do babys have holes? So i can put my willy in them and have sex until they die".

I don't know why, but that's made me laugh more than all the other jokes combined.
Anywho...

I went up to a girl in the pub last night,

"You're a big lass aren't you?" I said,

"Tell me something I don't know" She replied, with a tear in her eye,

"Salad tastes nice"
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
Quote by Conformist

I went up to a girl in the pub last night,

"You're a big lass aren't you?" I said,

"Tell me something I don't know" She replied, with a tear in her eye,

"Salad tastes nice"

Sure she wasn't sweating?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by KTFM
Why does a woman have a vagina?

So I can have consensual sexual intercourse with her in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.

Sicko.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by ripple07
Sure she wasn't sweating ?

Fixed.

Also (at the pub...)

I'm sitting at the bar and I notice this fat girl alone.

I ask the bartender "Give her a drink on me and tell her I said Happy Birthday"

The girl, bewildered at the barman wanders over to me, and says "It's not my birthday"

"Then stop eating cake you fat c**t" I reply.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
I like some anti-jokes, such as:
"Doctor, doctor; I keep thinking I'm a pair of curtains!"
"Ha, ha, ha. No. You've got cancer."

I love that one, 'cause it's based on the old joke:
"Doctor, doctor; I keep thinking I'm a pair of curtains!"
"Pull yourself together, man!"
and so people often are expecting the punchline from the original joke, making the shock punchline all the more hilarious (to me). I find a lot of shock jokes pretty sick though, and lacking in humour. This one, however, I quite like, purely 'cause it's so ridiculous: Q: What's the difference between twenty dead babies and a Ferrari?
A: I don't have a Ferrari in my garage.

And this one I appreciate because of the word play in it, although a lot of similar jokes without the word play (such as the "baby in a blender" jokes) I find horrific:
Q: What's the best thing about having sex with twenty three year olds?
A: There's twenty of them.
Quote by Banjocal
I like shock humour, but it has to be clever in some way; it can't just be "why did the baby die? Because I *something sexually aggressive*". It has to be referencing something or be quite intricate.

I've gotten to a point with comedy where to find something amusing, it has to be witty. It can't just be stupid jokes or wordplay for the hell of it. It needs to make me think.

This.
Wit is funny. Shock jokes can often be in bad taste. I don't personally get offended by such jokes but many people do.

Comedy is about laughing at others AND yourself.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
No I don't. I can't stand neither the jokes or those who enjoy them. I know the type who enjoys them far too well I'd like to puke in their faces.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
What do you get if you put a baby in a blender?

An Erection.

How do you get a baby out of a blender?

Nachos.

Whats the difference between a dead baby and a ham sandwich?

I wouldn't have sex with a ham sandwich before eating it.
Quote by Conformist
Fixed.

Also (at the pub...)

The girl, bewildered at the barman wanders over to me, and says "It's not my birthday"

Top notch.
Quote by Gabel
What do 9 out of 10 people agree on every time?

Gang rape is fun

----------------------

A father is in the bath with his 3-year-old son.
Child: ‘Daddy, why is my willy different from yours?’
Father: ‘Well son, for a start, yours isn’t erect.

---------------------

What do you call a toddler with a runny nose?
Full.
Quote by Conformist
Fixed.

Also (at the pub...)

THAT'S A SHOCKER!
I like very dark humour, but those jokes are just terrible....not "that's so wrong", I mean, they're just ****ing terrible jokes.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I like funny jokes. Those are neither funny, clever or very upsetting for me. Just lame and mostly just attention and effect seeking jokes.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash