I started writing score music again, and I want to upload it to youtube as I was doing before, and I want some artwork to be shown while the song is playing, eventhough no one really cares.

Anyway, is it legal to go into random video games and print screen something that looks suitable and then edit the image and post it?

Because

1) I don't have time to draw good images
2) I can't really draw good images
Just add some text saying where the image comes from, and you´ll be fine I guess.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
i've seen loads of videos do it and no-one's takern them down
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
the whole art/music thing is way overdone. just show the score of the music or something.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste
the whole art/music thing is way overdone. just show the score of the music or something.

I want it to be there because I simply like it that way.
You can't do that if you're somehow making money from uploading the videos. IE having a youtube partership where you have to have permission or legal rights to everything you upload.

If you don't then fire away, you'll be absolutely fine, and if not the worst that'll happen is the video's will be taken down. Re-upload with something else, done!
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by Zeletros
I want it to be there because I simply like it that way.

then i think you'll be fine. there's bots to detect copyright of music, i don't think there's any for art.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I'm pretty sure that, as long as you're not making any money out of it, you're in the clear.
No one really cares about it if you're not making money off of it. If you really want, just add a URL link in the description.

If you're selling this music, you need completely original artwork too or permission from the creater of the artwork/ Game. It'll have to be reported by a member of the community though as it won't be bot detectable.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by laid-to-waste
then i think you'll be fine. there's bots to detect copyright of music, i don't think there's any for art.

The image will be so horribly disfigured that it would be hard to guess from which game it is