Page 1 of 3
I would post this in the drug thread but the situation requires metalheads so here I am. (Metal forum lacks potheads)

I'm in search of good metal songs to get high to, nothing too aggressive and nothing depressing. All the metal I listen to is too aggressive to get high to.

Thanks.
Spiders
stoner metal?

try some Electric Wizard.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i'd say use weed to expand your taste instead of trying to find good metal high. try some radiohead, some hip hop, some jazz, etc... nothing wrong with metal while high, but if you don't dig metal while high, just check out some other styles, maybe you'll enjoy getting high to them even more. but i mean if you really want some more relaxed metal just listen to some black sabbath or tool, simple as that
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Saint78
Radiohead.

Radiohead isn't metal but is awesome for such situation that is being discussed.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Sunn O))) - Báthory Erzsébet
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Archer18
Radiohead isn't metal but is awesome for such situation that is being discussed.

I know, I was trying to further his music taste.
you're a stone fox
I agree with everybody. Like when im ****ing stoned man, metal is usually the last thing i wanna hear!. I usually end up listening to like jazz or like just really old music and its ****ing awesome because it makes you feel like you were there in those times whether it be the 70s or the 60's. Give it a try man, its super awesome.

One time we were listening to the radio and this song called "sixteen tons" by tennessee ford came on and i swore that was like the best ****ing song ever. You gotta experiment with different genres...You'll have a ****ing blast.
Quote by Saint78
I know, I was trying to further his music taste.

Kind of went the wrong way, didn't you?
Quote by severed-metal
Kind of went the wrong way, didn't you?

No.
you're a stone fox
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Sunn O))) - Báthory Erzsébet

Quote by demon.guitarist
Sunn O))), ISIS

Quote by theogonia777
stoner metal?

try some Electric Wizard.

This.

This all the way.

Edit: And Tool. Lots of Tool.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Fu*k metal to get high to..

The Doors is where it's at.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Saint78
No.

Just chillin to sail the moon at the moment. Radiohead ftw
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by severed-metal
Oh, serious are we. Sounds like a case of bad music syndrome.

No.
you're a stone fox
Quote by GuideToGenocide
I would post this in the drug thread but the situation requires metalheads so here I am. (Metal forum lacks potheads)

I'm in search of good metal songs to get high to, nothing too aggressive and nothing depressing. All the metal I listen to is too aggressive to get high to.

Thanks.

Deftones, man. The guitarist is the biggest stoner ever, and they have a a great mellow vibe to them.
Baroness, Mastodon, and protest the hero are usually my selections when I'm driving high
Thats the first time I've seen an adbot comment in an unrelated thread. O.o
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Saint78
No.

It's alright, we can bear with you until you realize that Radiohead aren't any good. We're here for you. Keep on truckin', brave soldier.
Quote by madbasslover
Fuck getting high, I have a job.

...and it tests my piss.

EVERY job should test your piss. the same goes for welfare.
Quote by throwshapes
Deftones, man. The guitarist is the biggest stoner ever, and they have a a great mellow vibe to them.

Actually, this. Regardless of whether or not you consider them metal, there's no arguing that some of their music from the last few years has an incredible atmosphere to it. I'm not so hot on their screamy stuff anymore, but songs like Beware the Water and Diamond Eyes are amazing.
Quote by severed-metal
It's alright, we can bear with you until you realize that Radiohead aren't any good. We're here for you. Keep on truckin', brave soldier.

Different strokes for different folks, I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult my music.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Different strokes for different folks, I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult my music.

****ing Dunning-Kruger effect, how does it work?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Saint78

I'd appreciate a lot of things. Particularly, a person making a thread asking for metal, and not receiving comments about Radiohead.

The fault lays solely on your implications. I needn't continue further with this harassment, as I've made my point clear. Fare thee well, listener of Radiohead.
Quote by severed-metal
I'd appreciate a lot of things. Particularly, a person making a thread asking for metal, and not receiving comments about Radiohead.

The fault lays solely on your implications. I needn't continue further with this harassment, as I've made my point clear. Fare thee well, listener of Radiohead.

Seeing as half the comments here are telling him not to listen to metal high, why choose mine to attack?
you're a stone fox
Electric Wizard
Isis
Neurosis
Blut Aus Nord
Ghost
Incantation
Portal don't preview it sober, just throw Outre on after gettin stoned.

There's also this entire subgenre called stoner metal but I dunno much about it.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Sep 18, 2011,
Page 1 of 3