okay here is my problem bought an iceman Ic400 last week for 350 plus case. great guitar but the bridge is a little rusty but still does its job even keeps really good intonation surprisingly. was thinking about upgrading all the hardware anyway until i came across a Jackson DKMG with the stock emg not the hz ones for about 10-15 bucks less. the icemans input jack needs a little soldering which i know is an easy fix and yeah i have the means to do it just wondering if i should even bother upgrading hardware and re soldering and take it back for the DKMG
I'd go with the DKMG personally, though it probably has a tremolo, so you may need to look into that more to see if that's something you will want. The DKMG and IC400 are going to be very different though. If the IC400 is what you are looking for in a guitar, you should stick with it and buy some EMGs later on down the road.
oh i know its gonna be completely different the iceman plays a little bit like my les paul. and jacksons well i have 4 so i know the dinky will be great. i was just wondering if upgrading the icemans hardware and pickups would be worth it which would be another 150-200 bucks or just return it and get a dkmg for about 340
Keep the Iceman if you already have 4 Jacksons.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I would stick with the Iceman but that is more of a personal preference.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by CannaBisquits
oh i know its gonna be completely different the iceman plays a little bit like my les paul. and jacksons well i have 4 so i know the dinky will be great. i was just wondering if upgrading the icemans hardware and pickups would be worth it which would be another 150-200 bucks or just return it and get a dkmg for about 340

Dude, you gotta do what will make you happy. If you already have 4 Jacksons, why do you want another one?
yeah i guess you guys are right ima chill out on the jacksons and make the iceman awesome. gonna replace all hardware with gold hardware and upgrade the pickups to some dimarzio's \m/(>.<\m/