I am refinishing an electric guitar and putting on clearcoat and am seeing tiny flecks of fiber from the rag I use to wipe it down and don't have a paint booth using my garage.
You can't see most of them without a magnifying glass and was wondering if I would be able to see them after I put more clearcoat on and sand and polish. Any help would be appreciated guys thanks
Quote by B.Cross
How is this responding to my query?

Chinese adbot LOL, i think you need to be careful if you can see it after one clearcoat, depens where the particles are on the guitar's body too
Quote by gman128
Chinese adbot LOL, i think you need to be careful if you can see it after one clearcoat, depens where the particles are on the guitar's body too

It's virtually impossible to get every spec of fiber or dirt out of it. Besides there will be 20 coats of clear on by the time I'm done and I thought after wet sanding and polish you wouldn't be able to see anything unless you use a magnifying glass
Quote by B.Cross
It's virtually impossible to get every spec of fiber or dirt out of it. Besides there will be 20 coats of clear on by the time I'm done and I thought after wet sanding and polish you wouldn't be able to see anything unless you use a magnifying glass

Could someone chime in on this
if theyre big enough to see now, youll probably see them later. but only if you look close. i had a 12 string that had bristles froma brush in it, and those are big, but you still couldnt see them unless you looked closely
Quote by xadioriderx
if theyre big enough to see now, youll probably see them later. but only if you look close. i had a 12 string that had bristles froma brush in it, and those are big, but you still couldnt see them unless you looked closely

Well like I said you have to use a magnifying glass to see them
if you can see them now then you will still see them after 20 coats......

you could tint a little bit of the clearcoat with the stain/paint that the body is done with and do a couple of coats with that to try and cover them (it may slightly change the colour of the finish though)

what you need to ask yourself is even though you "need a magnifying glass to see them" you still know they are there...so can you live with them being there or is it something that will annoy you
Quote by sytharnia1560
what you need to ask yourself is even though you "need a magnifying glass to see them" you still know they are there...so can you live with them being there or is it something that will annoy you

and on that same note, ANY job you do, there will be something that you notice, that bugs you. often though, no one else will notice. heck, look at any professionally build instrument with binding and inlays and the works, youll often find little tiny things that werent quite perfect. but they arent noticeable.
if your fans are busy looking at your guitar with a microscope and not listening to you play, you have bigger problems. thats my opinion