My thoughts:

Needs a bass guitar to work with the guitar part
Guitars sound hollow and are in desperate need of an EQ job.
Do some post work and post it again

Honestly I can't really comment on the riff because the sound is so messy that I can't tell what's going on for the more complicated parts.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Its already got a double tracked bass.
EQ in what way? More highs? More lows?
Its already got a shitton of mids......

http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/mark-iv-and-recto-with-post-eq

High and low passes added, bass lines boosted, high mids on guitars boosted.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 18, 2011,
Did you just put a mid boost on the whole thing? Cuz that's really not the write way to deal with this.

The only bass I can hear is some weird synth, the bass guitar is meant to give low end support to your guitar part in this style of music, and it's just not doing that.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'll be honest dude, when it was playing through from 0:15 onwards, I paused it occasionally because I thought maybe two songs were playing at once. Is that really a Recto and a MKIV? They sound really tinny.
Also, highhats or something on the drums? I literally could not feel a groove in the song.
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I think you should start from scratch and until you have a full grasp on song making etc, simplicity is your friend.
Member of the Laney Cult
Hmm, no offence but that 'polyrhythm' (if it even deserves the title) doesn't really work at all - sounds like, as JaykeSucks already mentioned, two different songs playing at the same time. The rhythm guitar is out of time with, and clashing rhythmically with, the lead guitar part. The first rhythm guitar hit is also noticeably late.

Basically, I couldn't really focus too much on the tone because it was too hard not to focus on the confused arrangement. If you practise your timing/accuracy, and then re-write the rhythm to fit with the melody, it would be more thread-worthy.

Also, you aren't really supposed to post threads like this - that's what the Original Recordings sub-forum is for.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.