Page 1 of 2
Legit question. I can't tell. It all sounds hillbillyish to me. What's so special about teh bl00z that makes people love it?
Quote by rhcp_rulz95
Legit question.

doubtful

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Really?
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
If you can't find the difference you don't need the answer.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
If you can't find the difference you don't need the answer.

This.

They are completely different.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The difference is all in the scale.

The Blues scale and some hillbilly hick-scale that is not half as awesome as the blues scale.

And also what the lyrics are about.
Blues - Getting your house, dog and wife taken away by (white) taxmen
Country - Getting your house, dog and wife taken away while screaming racist and ignorant slurs at the taxmen.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto

The Blues scale and some hillbilly hick-scale that is not half as awesome as the blues scale.

Country - Getting your house, dog and wife taken away while screaming racist and ignorant slurs at the taxmen.

You're an idiot.

And if you can't tell the difference between blues and country, you're an idiot also. If you think country is some kind of easy to play style...you're also an idiot.
blues - BB king
country - dolly parton

if you can't tell the difference between them two artists then frankly you need to go and live in a padded cell.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
i dont find blues hillbillyish at all. the difference is that blues is a pretty complicated genre that was created alongside jazz when black people tried playing their music on traditional white people instruments. country is just a really simple genre that a bunch of hillbillies created.

a good rule of thumb is if the song talks about trucks... its country....
Not sure if serious...
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by ethan_hanus
You're an idiot.

And if you can't tell the difference between blues and country, you're an idiot also. If you think country is some kind of easy to play style...you're also an idiot.

I second this,

TS is a big idiot,

the guy with the scales theory is just an idiot
have you ever listened to either TS?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by funky_monk94
i dont find blues hillbillyish at all. the difference is that blues is a pretty complicated genre that was created alongside jazz when black people tried playing their music on traditional white people instruments. country is just a really simple genre that a bunch of hillbillies created.

a good rule of thumb is if the song talks about trucks... its country....

Yeah, Albert Lee sucks at guitar.

/HARDCORE SARCASM.
Quote by Ylasto

So blues is basically imasculated gangster rap?
They sound totally different, TS. I don't even have a smartass comeback for this thread simply because the question is actually that stupid.
TS's got the...incapabilitytotellthedifferencebetweenbluesandcountry, blues. dun dun, dun dun.
Last edited by High&Mighty at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Blues is stuff like Howlin' Wolf and Leadbelly and so on and so forth. Country is shit like Taylor Swift and Toby Keith.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dempsey68
he might well do... but john mayer (blues guitarist) shows him how it's done here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyKKMccRDpc

Maybe so, but Brad Paisley makes better songs, with better solos, as it's done here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Yg9wjctRw&feature=relmfu
Quote by ErikLensherr
Country is shit like Taylor Swift

Hey, you suck.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Hey, you suck.

She's a legit country artist, you're just threatened by her success.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
She's a legit country artist, you're just threatened by her success.

But you said shit

I am displeased by this.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by TomusAM
Chet Atkins?

Hell yeah.

playing with Jerry Reed no less.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by bradulator
But you said shit

I am displeased by this.

This. T-Dog is the shit. Not shit, but THE shit. There's a big difference.
blues-Johnny plays guitar, running through the town, and guitar based
I don't know much about country itself. But modern country is: fishing, goin to church, gettin drunk then crashing your car into a tree, running through the town barefoot. And rain making corn, making frisky, makin your baby frisky.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by joestrat5000
blues-Johnny plays guitar, running through the town, and guitar based
I don't know much about country itself. But modern country is: fishing, goin to church, gettin drunk then crashing your car into a tree, running through the town barefoot. And rain making corn, making frisky, makin your baby frisky.

So, the difference between Blues and Country is nothing more than a pair of shoes.
Page 1 of 2