A bit asian-themed short instrumental song, why is it so short?

Because I felt like it was finished, such genre allows it.

Watch/listen in HD for best quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naC6FPOvNqM

I'm also looking for a bit of inspiration for next score if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you for your time.
Sucks, i dont like it.

I jk

Its pretty epic. It has a real epic feeling but with a sort of asian twist, it sounds really great. For your next score it depends entirely on what kind of feel you want it to have. I cannot tell you to write a suspenseful song or something, you should atleast pick a feel you want it to have, then I may be able to help you.

Also, if you could be so kind, check out my channel its in signature.
I just listened and thought it was very well done. I love the dynamics, to say the least. It had this atmosphere that reminded me of many calm anime movie intros. I'm not exactly an anime fan or really a fan of Asian art (aside from music), but I felt this could undoubtedly suit something like that. It's hard to get really in depth as it is indeed a short piece, but all in all I really enjoyed it. I feel this could be a great intro to a longer album of music following it up. Perhaps you have some sort of story to tell with music?

My suggestion for the next piece would be to open with some strings and perhaps even a loud crash of a timpani or similar instrument. Maintain a calm melody but with louder dynamics and more instrumental selections.

While you aren't C4Cing, if you'd be interested in a classical piece I wrote and recorded, you can feel free to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-Ps9rpP2c

Ironically, it may just inspire something new in you.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by slipknotnskullz
Sucks, i dont like it.

I jk

Its pretty epic. It has a real epic feeling but with a sort of asian twist, it sounds really great. For your next score it depends entirely on what kind of feel you want it to have. I cannot tell you to write a suspenseful song or something, you should atleast pick a feel you want it to have, then I may be able to help you.

Also, if you could be so kind, check out my channel its in signature.

I shall.

Thanks.

Quote by Ulalume
I just listened and thought it was very well done. I love the dynamics, to say the least. It had this atmosphere that reminded me of many calm anime movie intros. I'm not exactly an anime fan or really a fan of Asian art (aside from music), but I felt this could undoubtedly suit something like that. It's hard to get really in depth as it is indeed a short piece, but all in all I really enjoyed it. I feel this could be a great intro to a longer album of music following it up. Perhaps you have some sort of story to tell with music?

My suggestion for the next piece would be to open with some strings and perhaps even a loud crash of a timpani or similar instrument. Maintain a calm melody but with louder dynamics and more instrumental selections.

While you aren't C4Cing, if you'd be interested in a classical piece I wrote and recorded, you can feel free to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-Ps9rpP2c

Ironically, it may just inspire something new in you.

Well, my idea of inspiration is

"Oh, this song is [insert genre here] and it sounds [happy/sad] and it's [slow/fast], I can do that too."

So, now I shall start writing something dramatic.

How is the artwork? If anyone noticed it
Last edited by Zeletros at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by slipknotnskullz
The artwork was great

Checked out your latest progressive song, it's great.
Sounds great! Very sparse and simple.. Yet very emotional. Could definitely work as an intro to a film. What sound library were you using for these samples? They sound great as well. As far as inspiration goes, why not expand more on this track? You've got a cool feel going already and plenty to build upon. I know it's not for a real movie but you could always write the movie in your mind and write a score to that haha. You can tell a story with just the music. It's up to you!

I just recently finished some soundtrack music myself if you would like to check it out:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480835
Check out my music on my profile
As a stand-alone track, it sounds nice but nothing more. It feels much more like a build up to something else. (a bit like a character reminiscing before a big fight) Maybe for your next track follow it up with something like that ?

To stay in the asian theme, i'd could easily some shakuhachi flutes softly blowing in the background of this track, could add a nice touch to it.