Page 1 of 2
Are they even allowed to do this? The reason I ask is because I heard my new physics teacher throws things at students when she's angry. I'm not making any accusations...yet, but no one seems to like her and she already gets furious when a pupil doesn't understand something.

EDIT: How much shit would I get into if I caught said object and threw it back at her?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Sep 18, 2011,
is she hot? this could have a considerable effect on my answer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
is she hot? this could have a considerable effect on my answer.

No.

And no, this is not a troll thread.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

My high school biology teacher threw tennis balls at kids that were sleeping in class. One time a kid wasn't actually asleep so he caught the ball and threw it back at the teacher.
I fell asleep in geometry once and my teacher threw a marker at me. It freaked me out and the class thought it was hilarious.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
my science teacher throws pens at people that are talking, or if they need a pen or pencil he'll yell catch and pitch it at them
i had a teacher that would occasionally take off her shoe and throw it in the middle of class. other times, she would also get up on desks and stomp around.

so sure?
Yeah it's allowed. Especially if it's hilarious. Which it usually is.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Woffelz
1) Are they even allowed to do this? 2) Should they be? The reason I ask is because I heard my new physics teacher throws things at students when she's angry. I'm not making any accusations...yet, but no one seems to like her and she already gets furious when a pupil doesn't understand something.

1) No.

2) Yes.

Man up, it won't hurt.

Even if it does, chicks throwing things at you is usually pretty sexy; and also means she will soon sleep with you.
Quote by The Picker
My high school biology teacher threw tennis balls at kids that were sleeping in class. One time a kid wasn't actually asleep so he caught the ball and threw it back at the teacher.

I had a teacher once in highschool that noticed a kid fell asleep. Without missing a step in his lecture, he typed "everyone slowly file out of the room row by row starting with the back and go to the library" on his computer so that it was shown over the projector. When the kid woke up like 20 minutes later he freaked out

EDIT: Also, back when there were chalkboards in schools, I had a geography teacher that would throw erasers at students and leave a nice chalkprint on your shirt
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Sep 18, 2011,
A french teacher at my school throws chalk at people. She made this one dude cry
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Are pupils allowed to throw stuff at the teachers? No? Is it fun? No.
Are teachers allowed to throw stuff at the pupils? No? Is it fun? Yes.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Well, I've had numerous encounters with teachers throwing things at students, usually for fun (although one time my music theory teacher saw a kid sleeping and pulled out the cymbals :P).

However there was one time in I think 3rd grade where teacher tossed a desk towards a kid... She got fired
Quote by JF0urnier
Well, I've had numerous encounters with teachers throwing things at students, usually for fun (although one time my music theory teacher saw a kid sleeping and pulled out the cymbals :P).

However there was one time in I think 3rd grade where teacher tossed a desk towards a kid... She got fired

Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I had teachers that would throw stuff, but it was always just messing around.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If it's light-hearted I'd say it's fine. If there's malicious intent, it's not right, and the teacher's abusing their position.

Light-hearted = amusing
Malicious = abusing

THAT'S A DIFFERENCE OF ONE LETTER. What I'm trying to say is it's a fine line between it being fine or terrible. Well, I wasn't trying to say that, but I am now.
Yeah, I had teachers that would throw pens/pencils to wake students up. Always got a laugh from the rest of the class, and an apology from the kid sleeping.

Also had one teacher who would slam a wooden meter-ruler down on the table next to someone who was sleeping. Sure as hell woke them up!

My lecturer at uni would throw little pebbles at people who weren't paying attention when we were out on fieldwork, as well. Again, funny.

Are they allowed to? Probably not. But, if you fall asleep in class, you probably deserve it.

(EDIT: The light hearted stuff is all fine and dandy, if it's not hurting anyone. Obviously, in your case, TS, it's more serious than that. As Mistress Ibanez below says, report that particular teacher.)
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Sep 18, 2011,
No they're not strictly allowed to, but they know people aren't going to complain about light hearted stuff.
My science teacher once sprayed two girls who were talking in class with a fire extinguisher, hilarious.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
This is highly illegal, you should consider reporting her. She would lose her teaching licence and not be able to have violent outbursts around children again. Someone who has violent outbursts such that she has to throw things at children clearly is not suitable for working with young people in any capacity.

I heard once of a PGCE (teacher training) student who got angry and threw a dictionary at a kid who wouldn't stop goading him. Guess what? They are barred from teaching and never allowed to work with children again.
I've had teachers that throw books/markers. This year my English teacher will squirt you with a water bottle if you fall asleep.

It's always hilarious, as I'm never on the receiving end of it.
I had an architecture/drafting/3D design teacher that I loved and took classes with through my 4 years of high school. She's chuck dry erase markers, rubber erasers, and her flip flops at people who were misbehaving or being too loud

I miss that teacher. Have to go back and visit some day.

EDIT: on the subject of kids falling asleep, I had a math course my third year at high school with a bunch of dudes that liked to mess around too much and a teacher that gave not a shit. So these guys would wait until someone fell asleep in class, then two of them would get up and go to that kid's desk. The teacher played along and went on with the lecture like normal, ignoring everything. The two guys slowly lifted the sleeping kid's desk and chair off the ground a good foot or more then dropped it. Sleeping kid = best freakout you'll ever see.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This is highly illegal, you should consider reporting her. She would lose her teaching licence and not be able to have violent outbursts around children again. Someone who has violent outbursts such that she has to throw things at children clearly is not suitable for working with young people in any capacity.

I heard once of a PGCE (teacher training) student who got angry and threw a dictionary at a kid who wouldn't stop goading him. Guess what? They are barred from teaching and never allowed to work with children again.

In that case, I look forward to the day when she does throw something at someone. Everyone hates her because half the time, she gets angry at someone who can't understand something and the rest of the time she's angry before we come in [at least it's been that way since we first had her].

She puts us off of learning physics.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

You're such a sandy-crotch vagina. My Physics teacher hit me with an Air-Cannon the other day because I got an answer wrong. Guess what I did...

I ran up to my headteacher's office and reported that mother****er because he was being abusive towards me and now he will never work with children again.

No wait, actually I laughed and not a **** was given that day by anyone involved for we are happy people.
I had a teacher that stole our shoes if we fell asleep.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by willT08
You're such a sandy-crotch vagina.

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by fail
I had a teacher that stole our shoes if we fell asleep.

What the...?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by willT08
You're such a sandy-crotch vagina. My Physics teacher hit me with an Air-Cannon the other day because I got an answer wrong. Guess what I did...

I ran up to my headteacher's office and reported that mother****er because he was being abusive towards me and now he will never work with children again.

No wait, actually I laughed and not a **** was given that day by anyone involved for we are happy people.

Oh yeah, who gives a shit about losing their job? About getting barred from their profession? About a kid exaggerating their story and all their friends joining in for a laugh and getting you a criminal conviction for something you only did lightly or in jest?

There are rules against throwing shit at kids for a reason. Sorry if thinking throwing things at children is generally bad makes me a sandy-crotch vagina
Quote by Woffelz
What the...?

hey, i bet it's at least it's effective. i doubt there is a single soul foolish enough to fall asleep in her class ever again.
In secondary school one of the teachers was doing an assembly, I think she was the deputy head, I can't remember. Anyway, she was talking about litter or some bullshit and she scrunched up a piece of paper and threw it. Ofcourse it just HAD to hit me...in the head.

Afterwards she found me in one of my classes and pulled me aside and apologised....but that didn't stop my friends teasing me about it
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Oh yeah, who gives a shit about losing their job? About getting barred from their profession? About a kid exaggerating their story and all their friends joining in for a laugh and getting you a criminal conviction for something you only did lightly or in jest?

There are rules against throwing shit at kids for a reason. Sorry if thinking throwing things at children is generally bad makes me a sandy-crotch vagina

The point is, ain't no kids reporting teachers unless they did something seriously malicious. Teacher's don't live in fear of the moments when a student asks them to throw them a spare pen in case they catch them in they clonk 'em on the head and they end up a homeless bum.

What makes you a sandy-crotch vagina is that I bet you would've reported my physics teacher after he hit me with an air-cannon. Wouldn't you?
Mistress Ibanez that's fucking stupid. A teacher shouldn't lose his/her job because she threw a goddamn marker at someone.

however if they throw a fucking desk that's a different matter entirely.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
Mistress Ibanez that's fucking stupid. A teacher shouldn't lose his/her job because she threw a goddamn marker at someone.

however if they throw a fucking desk that's a different matter entirely.

it all depends on intent.

is the teacher poking fun at you for missing an easy answer or falling asleep in class by throwing an eraser at you? or are they yelling and then angrily throwing an eraser at your head for not understanding a concept?

with the latter, the teacher should obviously be reported. i don't think that anyone, anyone without some sort of vendetta against that teacher, would report them for doing something in a good-natured manner.
I fell asleep in class one time. Once the class was over, she didn't bother to wake me up and wouldn't let any of the students in the following class wake me up. I woke up and had no idea what was going on. I was embarrassed. So I'd rather someone threw something at me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
A teacher was going on about human reactions, so shouted my name and threw a rubber at me, expecting me to catch or dodge it. I was half asleep, so it hit me in the face and ruined whatever point he was trying to make.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
In 6th grade our band teacher started yelling and threw a music stand at a student. He no longer works at the school.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Page 1 of 2