Page 1 of 4
Daddy, can you already play on your guitar what that man on the radio is playing?

No darling, I can't. This man plays very well.

Who is that man then daddy?

He's called Jimmi Hendrix, darling.

Heavy metal has its own particular kind of glorious thunder — a dark, droning crunch that's almost druidic in its appeal to the adolescent psyche.
JIMI ARRRRGHHHH. Just sayin'

And to the guy below me, it's not about how hard it is to play, it's what it's made of. B.B King's stuff is extremely simple, but, it's considered as some of the best blues music ever.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Sep 18, 2011,
In more than one way...
Heavy metal has its own particular kind of glorious thunder — a dark, droning crunch that's almost druidic in its appeal to the adolescent psyche.
you should consider guitar lessons is what she was trying to tell you.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by sglover34479
Hendrix wasn't even amazing. His stuff isn't hard, unless you're a complete beginner.

Satriani fan?

I disagree.

He invented modern guitar playing.
Quote by Din Viesel
Satriani fan?

I disagree.

He invented modern guitar playing.

I, erm, you... sorry what?

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

And to the guy below me, it's not about how hard it is to play, it's what it's made of. B.B King's stuff is extremely simple, but, it's considered as some of the best blues music ever.

Wise words.
Quote by SG_dave

yourself
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Who the **** cares what is considered to be good?
B.B King still writes boring music and I don't give a rats ass if it's considered good. It's doesn't interest me a bit.
RIP Jimi

Seriously though, todays the anniversary
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by WhiskeyFace
What radio station was playing Hendrix in this day and age?

Classic21. Belgian classic rock station. They actually play Queen at least twice a week. No really!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
B.B King still writes boring music and I don't give a rats ass if it's considered good. It's doesn't interest me a bit.

I'm just saying, it doesn't need to be technical to be considered good. So what if it bores you? Quite a lot of it doesn't interest me but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't good. If you say something is crap because it bores you or you don't like it, you're very narrow minded.

We could be here forever as it's opinions. You disagree with one of my opinions, I'm not claiming it's fact at all. Just accept that it's what I think and I'll accept that's what you think.
for everyone saying that Hendrix is not good! He was great, for his time. Learning methods advance to help player learn quicker, techniques change and people get better. He made a huge impact on guitar playing. You don't have to be able to play fast or intricate to be good.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I was going to troll this, but I'm not stooping that low again.

Everyone who has and will decide to post and either troll Jimi fans or complain about what they think is good, get out now. You're not even adding to conversation.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I, erm, you... sorry what?

Here's what wikipedia says. (am not in the mood for typing)

James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942[1][2] – September 18, 1970) was an American guitarist and singer-songwriter. He is widely considered to be the greatest electric guitarist in musical history,[3][4][5] and one of the most influential musicians of his era across a range of genres.
If you just never bothered, you wouldn't justify that you can't do it by saying that he's very good. And I'm not a satriani fan, and although Jimi was revolutionary with a lot of his ideas and his showmanship, he's far from the best guitar player ever. His songs were all pretty simple, and I'm not saying that as a bad thing, just that it isn't hard or complicated music.
Also inb4 datfeelolol
Quote by Din Viesel

James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942[1][2] – September 18, 1970) was an American guitarist and singer-songwriter. He is widely considered to be the greatest electric guitarist in musical history,[3][4][5] and one of the most influential musicians of his era across a range of genres.

Where does it say he invented modern guitar playing?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I'll agree with that. I don't think he had too much to do with modern music. I think around that time, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Zeppelin had more impact towards modern music.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

youre mom!!

Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Din Viesel

I read enough.
Quote by sglover34479
Hendrix wasn't even amazing. His stuff isn't hard, unless you're a complete beginner.

Completely this.

Broaden your knowledge of guitarists, Jimi Hendrix and Slash aren't the only two.

Oh and he's definitely not "the best electric guitarist evar" cause a Wikipedia article says so.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
you should hear the conversations I have with your 7 year old daughter
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

still don't wanna type. here's more wiki.

He often favored raw overdriven amplifiers with high gain and treble and helped develop the previously undesirable technique of guitar amplifier feedback.[9] Hendrix, as well as his friend Eric Clapton, popularized use of the wah-wah pedal in mainstream rock which he often used to deliver an exaggerated sense of pitch in his solos, particularly with high bends, complex guitar playing, and use of legato. As a record producer, Hendrix also broke new ground in using the recording studio as an extension of his musical ideas. He was one of the first to experiment with stereophonic phasing effects for rock recording
Last edited by Din Viesel at Sep 18, 2011,
Is it fucking considered intellectual in the pit to go against widely recognized facts just for the hell of it?

Saying that Jimi Hendrix was a bad player, or the widely overused term "overrated" doesn't make you special snowflakes for christs sake..Jimi did a crap load for electric guitar.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Din Viesel
Daddy, can you already play on your guitar what that man on the radio is playing?

No darling, I can't. This man plays very well.

Who is that man then daddy?

He's called Jimmi Hendrix, darling.

How old are you?
Quote by Krieger91
Is it fucking considered intellectual in the pit to go against widely recognized facts just for the hell of it?

Looks like it.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Ummm...I've been playing 7 years...and still can't play his stuff, but I'm nowhere near a beginner in guitar.

Either

1) You really suck at guitar

2) You can't play his stuff because you never learned it
I can't stand half of the Hendrix, Beatles, insert popular old band, hate on here. It doesn't matter if you like them or not (I'm not a huge fan of either) but to deny that both had a HUGE impact on music is stupid. Just because you aren't a fan of an artist doesn't mean they didn't contribute to a genre or influence a whole lot of musicians.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Acϵ♠
you should hear the conversations I have with your 7 year old daughter

Can someone please ban this guy?
Quote by Zeletros
Either

1) You really suck at guitar

2) You can't play his stuff because you never learned it

1) !
Last edited by Din Viesel at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Din Viesel
Can someone please ban this guy?

Welcome to the pit. You'd be best off closing this thread mate. There wasn't really a subject or topic to talk about to start off with. And if there was, it'd be Hendrix, and if that was the case, you'd be in the wrong forum.
Page 1 of 4