I just got the marshall jcm 900, and I currently am using the gain all the way up on the amp and no clean boost pedal with it. I have tried setting the gain on the amp at all kinds of places and the gain on the clean boost pedal at all kinds of places and no matter how I set it when the clean boost is on, I get some woofing/doubling kind of fuzzy shit that kind of sounds like when you use a distortion pedal on a distortion channel of an amp (but not that extreme by any means), But I still desire just a tad bit more gain then the amp alone can offer me, so is it worth it to give a tube screamer a shot, or does this mean my amp just has to be how it sits?
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2
Don't throw the gain on 10 on like, next to ANY amp, what clean boost are you using?

I'd say get a nice overdrive pedal, just put the gain all the way down, dime the level and tone control. It does the same thing basically, but I find overdrive pedals have more control.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Yep gain on 10 will get ya that crappy fuzzy sound. Back down the gain and add some volume and are we talking about gig levels or bedroom levels??