I have a Vox AC4 head and cab 1x12. And i also got a Tiny Terror and a Night Train head that i use with the Vox cab. When i use the heads at 1/2 to 3/4 power the bass takes over and really starts to boom, how can i control this? is it to do with the cab being closed back?, thanks Paul.
Quote by paul w1
When i use the heads at 1/2 to 3/4 power the bass takes over and really starts to boom, how can i control this?

it's the power tubes saturating, you're losing definition of the signal.

Quote by paul w1
is it to do with the cab being closed back?, thanks Paul.

not really, open back cabs would sound more mooshy than boomy but you would still lose definition.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Eq pedal......
Umm... at the risk of sounding like a dick: turn the bass down? try introducing more mids into the sound to compensate.
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!
Thanks for your help guys but i'm still not really sure what to do. The TT only has volume tone and a gain knob. The Night Train only has a bass on the clean side if you use the boost you loose the bass. I was thinking of selling all my heads and getting a TH30 or the Thunderverb 50 and a 2x12, do you think this would be a better way to go as i would have far more control, thanks Paul.
Quote by paul w1
Thanks for your help guys but i'm still not really sure what to do. The TT only has volume tone and a gain knob. The Night Train only has a bass on the clean side if you use the boost you loose the bass. I was thinking of selling all my heads and getting a TH30 or the Thunderverb 50 and a 2x12, do you think this would be a better way to go as i would have far more control, thanks Paul.

Try an Eq pedal first....
Quote by paul w1
What would be a good eq pedal

Mxr 10 band if you can afford it....