Best thing bought out the back of a van in a wal-mart parking lot.

Prestigebox by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

1 by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

2 by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

4 by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

3 by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

5 by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

And one of all my guitars.

The Family by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

Bought used for $650 cad, a 2008 Mij Rg1570 Prestige.
The finish is really hard to get a decent picture of, but its black with blue sparkles everywhere. Tom had better pics in my other thread. Fantastic guitar. Really thin fast neck, trem is really smooth and was a breeze to setup. Build quality is amazing, not a single flaw that I could find except several dings from previous owner. This guitar sounds great acoustically and with the bare knuckle aftermath bridge I get loads of sustain, peircing highs and a very defined low end even through a wall of distortion. The stock pickups were very noisy with a constant buzz akin to radio static through any high gain settings. The pots actually have a far larger sweep than any ive encountered really letting me dial in some sweet cleans and a nice fat warm solo tone. Matching aftermath neck in the mail.
Quote by DimebagZappa

There ya go

HNGD!
Last edited by W4RP1G at Sep 18, 2011,
I am not a fan of Ibanez necks.. But they sound okay. Probably to more shredding guys than me.

HNGD!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by W4RP1G
Gorgeous Ibby. I hate thumbnail pics though.

Oh well, HNGD!

Maybe someone can add these pics full size? I cant do it from a phone.
Decent pics for a phone once you click em.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Maybe someone can add these pics full size? I cant do it from a phone.
Decent pics for a phone once you click em.

Done!
Quote by DimebagZappa

Anyone know what the red plastic crap in the trem is there for?

Trem by dimebagzappa, on Flickr

I've never used an Edge Pro, but isn't that what holds the ball end of the string?

You should be able to download the Ibanez Prestige manual PDF somewhere. One of my Prestige came with the manual, and it covers pretty much everything.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice.

Its such an awesome finish.

Glad we managed to convince you to buy it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Levi79
Nice man. Were you selling an RG370 with an aftermath on Kijiji a couple weeks ago?

Still am. Minus the aftermath. Put the stock pup back in and put the bkp in the prestige last night, also ordered matching neck. I really dont like the rg370. Great neck but thats about it. Aftermath was wasted in that guitar. Still gotta order a single coil, but pups are expensive...
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by DimebagZappa
Still am. Minus the aftermath. Put the stock pup back in and put it in the prestige last night, also ordered matching neck. I really dont like the rg370. Great neck but thats about it. Aftermath was wasted in that guitar.

I was the dude who asked if you'd sell the Aftermath separately. That's exactly what my thoughts were upon seeing your ad "Why put a BKP in a 370?" Cool man. I just got an Aftermath 7 and I love it in my RG7421. Seriously an amazing pickup. Congrats on the guitar too! I bet it plays like a dream.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Still am. Minus the aftermath. Put the stock pup back in and put the bkp in the prestige last night, also ordered matching neck. I really dont like the rg370. Great neck but thats about it. Aftermath was wasted in that guitar. Still gotta order a single coil, but pups are expensive...
HNGD!

BKP Sinner!

Also, if you're getting rid of any PUs, you know how to reach me!

Quote by W4RP1G
I've never used an Edge Pro, but isn't that what holds the ball end of the string?

You should be able to download the Ibanez Prestige manual PDF somewhere. One of my Prestige came with the manual, and it covers pretty much everything.

You can put ball ends in an Edge? That blows my mind.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge
You can put ball ends in and Edge? That blows my mind.

Yes indeedy, and those are for stopping the ball end. They're really easy to overcome, though. I just changed the strings on my 2120X for the first time last night and had the guitar in my lap. I pushed the string in and it popped out the back and poked me in the leg.