during school..as we all know you have to cut back on playing time...which i don't like one bit, so my solution is i made a practice schedule of the main four things I'm working on currently. practice those things for 15 minutes of CONCENTRATED real practice and then keep moving onward with my practicing schedule. Anyway, to make it even more efficient i was thinking of...what if i combined two techniques? Say i got economy picking and legato.

I need exercises that work 2 techniques at once. But it's hard to figure out an exercise that REALLY does work the techniques.

So i was wondering do you guys have any websites for exercises? or any exercises that work 2 techniques at once?

I would like to start off with economy + legato exercises

Any questions ill answer, thanks guys i would really appreciate the help.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
make your own exercises, for example using scales, that combines multiple techniques? this way you practice composing and fretboard knowledge to. it only requires a little extra time and some knowledge of theory.
well.. fret-board knowledge wouldn't really matter because i know it already. i guess i could but it would take some time to develop quality exercises, id much rather just get them learn them and then play them.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Take bits from songs that you struggle with and turn them into "exercises".
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
Take bits from songs that you struggle with and turn them into "exercises".

yes!
i cant think off the top of my head which song would include legato and eco picking in the same phrase.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
You can't really practice economy picking and legato at the same time. You're either picking the notes or not picking them. Obviously you can play licks that include both economy picking and legato, but then you aren't going to be spending a full 15 minutes on either of those techniques.

One really challenging thing you could try is tapping with string skips.
- Tapping - check
- String skipping - check
- Legato - will definitely be improved, especially if you incorporate some left hand hammer ons from nowhere
- Muting ability - if you can play tapped string skipped arpeggios cleanly then you should be able to play just about anything else uber clean.
Originally posted by raygreendaystud
your a fag, listen to real music like green day, you moron
yes shred fan thank you for the reply, i can do string skipping arpeggios fairly well..just not paul gilbert speed, ii also know all the theory behind them also, and i do incorporate 2 pull offs at the end of the string skipped arpeggio. so i have that, but i honestly cant say i have a phrase/practice method for tapping with string skips.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator