I've recently tuned my old stagg strat to c standard and am interested in tips and songs in this tuning. does anyone know any songs that are in this tuning? i only know no one knows by qotsa and black sabbath's album with children of the grave on it.

i've also found the single coils on the guitar sound absolute balls now, and the only pickup i can use is the sd cool rails in the bridge, is there anything io can do to improve the tone eq/effects wise?
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
First of all, you need thick strings. At least 12s.

And no, I don't know any song in C standard. I do know some songs in drop C though.
All good Queens of the Stone Age songs, all Kyuss, all Sleep, all High on Fire

basically most stoner rock
Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth is in C Standard. I'm not sure but I think In Fames have songs in C.
Last edited by MattyPS at Sep 18, 2011,
Aesthetics of Hate by Machine Head. and Snuff by Slipknot, although its acoustic. Both AMAZING songs! Oh, and Two Weeks by All That Remains.
My Gear:

Dean Razorback DB Black Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG120 Candy Apple Red Electric Guitar
Ibanez Ael20e Accoustic/Electric Guitar
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt Amp
Tip: Take it out of C, and put in a tuning that's actually practical
Not exactly a frequent poster.
Almost all Arch Enemy since Wages of Sin, In Flames up to Soundtrack to Your Escape and a few Dream Theater songs come to mind.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
P.S. Try Ernie Ball Heavy Bottom Skinny Top, the Orange pack, its what i use and they sound Perfect between Drop A and C# Standard, their purpose is drop tuning. They have clean sounds in higher strings and incredible sustain in lower strings. But a strat Isnt meant for downtuning in the first place, try an Ibanez RG120, perfect for downtuning, and only 200$!
My Gear:

Dean Razorback DB Black Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG120 Candy Apple Red Electric Guitar
Ibanez Ael20e Accoustic/Electric Guitar
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt Amp
I love playing along to Kyuss in C standard. Check out some of their stuff, all of their songs are in C I think.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Yep, every song from In Flames albums The Jester Race, Whoracle and almost every song from Colony an Clayman are in C.
Quote by Göteborgmelody
Yep, every song from In Flames albums The Jester Race, Whoracle and almost every song from Colony an Clayman are in C.

Oddly enough, the song Colony is in drop A#
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
A lot of In Flames stuff is Drop A#.
Dethklok, Dream Theater, Arch Enemy.

Machine Head and ATR are in Drop C, not C Standard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jpnyc
There's a lot of Dethklok and Black Sabbath in C#. Buy capo.

In C.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
All of Kyuss.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by tunamelt

Boo!

C Standard is a great tuning.

Sword plays in C.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
thanks for the responses, the guitar already has ernie ball not even slinkies (12s)

Anyone know any clean songs in c? i don't really like kyuss, their tones too sludgy and they just sound like one of those shit amateur bands you see supporting real bands

I know a perfect circle use a similar tuning, and that guy has great tone, he tunes to c sharp dosen't he? should i consider this or does it not make much difference?
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
I can't believe any would like them, they have one of the worst guitar tones i've ever heard and they just sound dull

Abigail Williams- isn't she an actress?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Last edited by teh_goon at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by tunamelt

What exactly is impractical about playing in C or drop C? In fact, if you want to play certain genres, such as death metal, it is impractical to play in a standard tuning. Is it impractical just because you don't like it?