Basically as said in the title. Will the pick I use affect my ability to pull off pinch harmonics? I've never really paid much attention to what pick I use, I pick up whatever is closest to me really and I've been playing a lot more metal so I'm going to be using heavier gauge picks now, will this affect my ability to pull of pinch harmonics?
I think it does and it has to do with technique as well.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I think it does and it has to do with technique as well.

I know technique comes into it, I have no trouble pulling them off on G & D strings, I use to be a lot better at them though. I'm wondering if it's my technique that's degraded or it's the picks I'm using. I don't know what thickness they are, it's warn off but they feel like 0.8 or so.

What is reccommended?
I use 1.0 mm and I get pretty good pinch harmonics from it.
V-Picks. Go big or go home.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by kutless999
I use 1.0 mm and I get pretty good pinch harmonics from it.

Cool, I think I'll order a load of different sizes and see which is best.
Yes, do that.
The bigger the better, kinda like Texas
Not exactly a frequent poster.
Quote by mcraddict81592
V-Picks. Go big or go home.

Just looked em up, expensive for picks are they handmade?

Are they worth it?
Completely, they last way longer, feel better and you don't drop them. A tip: Don't get the clear ones, if you drop one you'll never find it, ever. I suggest white or glow in the dark.

They have a variety pack, start there. If you want to just try one of them, get a screamer.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Completely, they last way longer, feel better and you don't drop them. A tip: Don't get the clear ones, if you drop one you'll never find it, ever. I suggest white or glow in the dark.

They have a variety pack, start there. If you want to just try one of them, get a screamer.

Cheers, think I'll do that.
I use dunlop jazz IIIs and i love them. they take some getting used to because they are small but they are great picks for pinch harmonics and trem picking
They don't matter that much. Just try different thicknesses to see what you like best. Most people use 1mm-1.14mm, but I use 1.5mm and like those best. The type or brand really makes almost no difference.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by mcraddict81592

Or you just get one of those nifty pick holders that you can strap onto the back of your headstock/body/wherever and cram it full of picks, makes you not look like a retard looking for your pick if you drop it on stage.
Good luck putting V Picks in one of those, hahaha.

Quote by bogg808