But I want to be sure I'm making a good perches for my next electric.

So, for a while I was contemplating these two

ARZ800

And

SE MA

and I've also wanted a seven string...I was just about set on the SE when this popped up on my CL

Ibanez Custom Shop 7

It says custom shop, and it has a EMG pup already in the bridge.

I was going to get the PRS to handle drop C, but I play alot of Korn/Head/Trapt/Destrophy, al of wich use a 7 string. What do you guys think? Go for the 7, or the SE?

I already have my main Axe I could set up in Drop C, but I'm torn. Both is not an option

Advantages:

PRS- Made for drop c.
Ibby- Nice 7 (with HC) for $550.

Disadvantages

Prs- Its a little pricey for my current price range.
Ibby- Its a 7, which precludes all the stuff I want to do in Drop C without tuning my main ax to drop C.

HELP!!!!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
You can play the drop c stuff on the 7, the fingering and such would be different but you could hit all the notes you'd need.
I would say take the ART out of those.

The PRS is over priced for what it is and you could buy a lovely PRS SE Singlecut which is the same as the sig bar the ebony and decal, second hand, save a bomb and not look a huge fan boy, they also have the same scale length so would handle drop C fine.

That 7 is a POS and the fact it has an EMG in the bridge also means you only have one working PUP, its not custom shop and iirc its actually a 7420 and one guy on here bought a mint one for about $200.... So yeah.

If it has to be one of those... The ART.

If you really like the PRS look, a 2nd hand SE Singlecut with a hardtail would be fine too.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yet again, Tom beats me to it. What he said basically. With the 7string you're only going to get 1 working pickup, and it is overpriced without that. The ART is the way to go dude, our rhythm guitarist has the same one in red and it is killer!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Yeah that's an older S7420 (MIJ, but with the Lo-TRS 7 [read: not very good]).

The guitar shouldn't say Custom Shop anywhere on it. If it does, someone is trying to rip people off.

That is in no way a S7420. Saber's are wayy thinner than that. That's an RG7420 like Tom said. You say you're an Ibanez fan and you can't distinguish an S from an RG?

@TS : Get the ARZ.
Quote by Syriel
That is in no way a S7420. Saber's are wayy thinner than that. That's an RG7420 like Tom said. You say you're an Ibanez fan and you can't distinguish an S from an RG?

@TS : Get the ARZ.

Holy balls you're right!

The color and angle/how it's in the case made me see it as a Saber. Plus the fact that I've barely got any sleep last night.