Alright so I'm in college and am recording all the time. I have my krks with me and they are great. Thing is...my roommate is ridiculously loud always blasting rap music when hes in here or listening (yes just listening) to movies while he writes essays or reads....or when he has full out conversations with just himself (creepy). So i really want some noise cancelling headphones (so i can't hear him). So then i was thinking, well if i'm gonna get noise cancelling headphones, i should just get ones that are good for monitoring while recording. My budget is probably 150 or under (preferrably). It would be SUPER nice if they were wireless. Any recommendations? (has to be noise cancelling and preferably wireless)
Recording-quality, noise canceling, and wireless....

Probably not gonna happen with the wireless, but noise canceling and recording-quality are definitely possible. I'd look into some Bose headphones, that or Klipsch. Both are very good quality and well-rounded in terms of a frequency spectrum. Beats by Dre are good live up to their reputation, but I don't like the bass boost they do, kinda gets in the way of mixing kick drums.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by 4seampowerchord
dollars

i'm personally a big fan of Audio Technica's ATH-M50 headphones. Might be worth looking at the ATH-M40's. Also i hear good things about AKG's HD line.
Here are some to consider:

http://www.mercenary.com/moreme.html

For tracking, they don't need to sound awesome. These sound... well... good enough for tracking.

But!! They're cheap as chips. They're loud as bombs. They're closed cans. They're durable. They have a two-year warranty.

I have two pairs.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by lockwolf
I saw the word Sony and immediately thought "Wow, I can probably find something twice as good for half the price without the name SONY on it"

Cool bro. I'm not too worried about the sound quality. more about the noise reduction technology if you read the first post. Just thought someone might know a good noise reduction headphone that sounds good too. Thanks for your immense input
Quote by 4seampowerchord
Cool bro. I'm not too worried about the sound quality. more about the noise reduction technology if you read the first post. Just thought someone might know a good noise reduction headphone that sounds good too. Thanks for your immense input

Like I said, something twice as good for half the price
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Like I said, something twice as good for half the price

Lets see it then.

$50
Wireless
Sounds at least twice as good as those Sonys.
And just for kicks, lets see if you can find some that are also twice as comfortable, double the range (that would be 300ft) and better on batteries (you'll have to beat 22hrs).
I'd probably go with ATH-M50's or Sennheiser HD280 Pro's. Both have incredible sound isolation and would be more than good enough for tracking.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
+1 to sennheiser. I have the hd202's and they sound great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I use the Sennheiser 280s and 202s, I MUCH prefer the 280s as they far better block out room noise. They are a bit heavier and larger, but the sound and padding is better.

For me:
Production work and critical noise isolation - 280 Pros
Everyday listening for an hour or so - 202s

The 202s get a bit annoying to wear after a while as they are more "on ear" type cans...and yet, not large enough to fully be "over ear"
Quote by moody07747
I use the Sennheiser 280s and 202s, I MUCH prefer the 280s as they far better block out room noise. They are a bit heavier and larger, but the sound and padding is better.

For me:
Production work and critical noise isolation - 280 Pros
Everyday listening for an hour or so - 202s

The 202s get a bit annoying to wear after a while as they are more "on ear" type cans...and yet, not large enough to fully be "over ear"

You are right about that, they do hurt your ears after about two hours or so.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Thanks for all the help guys! Could one of you please help me understand what it means by 32 dB attenuation of external noise for the HD 280s? I don't know much about this stuff. Does that mean its noise cancelling or something?
They aren't active noise cancelling (because most of those types of headphones would totally suck for any kind of studio work), but when you're wearing them, any outside noise will be 32dB quieter, due to the amount of padding in them & the seal they create around your ear.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Active noise canceling headphones, (Bose) have a mic on them that samples outside noise and cancels it out with phasing or something like that.

Passive noise canceling headphones, (Sennheiser HD280s) simply are closed off to the room and have heavy padding to try to block anything from getting into the chamber where your ear and the speaker is.