Has anybody ever heard a song and thought 'what the ****?!? wasn't this originally by The Beatles' then you go and check and realise that it was actually somebody else ripping off the song.

The plagiarism can be the any part of a song, or even the whole song.

I have two examples of this:

'Same Jeans' by The View sounds suspisciously similar to 'Brimful of Asha' by Cornershop. And apprently I'm not the only one who thinks this.

And. The intro for 'Airbag' by Radiohead sounds similar to the cello section in King Crimson's 'Red'.

This isn't really to insult the music, or the artists, but there are some times when you think to yourself 'How did they get away with that?'.

EDIT: The original Brimful of asha/Same jeans vid had its audio changed
Last edited by Crazyedd123 at Sep 18, 2011,
The little synth solo thing after the chorus of "Sleepyhead" by Passion Pit is the same notes as the solo in "Beverly Hills" by Weezer. I think.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
We're running out of music........
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Not trying to be an ass but, if you could, post links.

Or, atleast say which point in the songs the similarities occurs.
Höstkänslor pretty much released an album full of plagiarized songs.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcokhXQJoP8&feature=related
That is actually a song by RQTN called All My Feelings Were Fake. The band didn't even rerecord it, either; it's the exact same song RQTN released.

EDIT: Also, the intro of Benighted (by Opeth) is super similar to Camel's Never Let Go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEliN_MDDY
Last edited by Jon777 at Sep 18, 2011,
Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby, sounds a little like Queen's Under Pressure. idk if thats just me though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Crazyedd123
Not trying to be an ass but, if you could, post links.

Or, atleast say which point in the songs the similarities occurs.

Well Jesus, I thought everyone in the world has heard Sleepyhead, and I know for a fact everyone has heard Beverly Hills...
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Haha, just listened to 'Passion Pit'.

I hope we're not running out of music, I don't want to turn into the '60's were the best, man' person.
Quote by lushacrous
Well Jesus, I thought everyone in the world has heard Sleepyhead, and I know for a fact everyone has heard Beverly Hills...

Ye, sorry about that. I've heard Beverly Hills before, but I honestly have never heard Passion Pit
Quote by Crazyedd123
Has anybody ever heard a song and thought 'what the ****?!? wasn't this originally by '.......' then you go and check and realise that it was actually somebody else ripping off the song.

I do this with 99% of new metalcore bands
Quote by Crazyedd123
Haha, just listened to 'Passion Pit'.

I hope we're not running out of music, I don't want to turn into the '60's were the best, man' person.

I'm that person

I heard something about Satch and Coldplay...
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
We're running out of music........

Exactly.
Not exactly a frequent poster.