I have a '91 Les paul studio, that I'd really like to make some changes to, so I can use it in the studio, maybe live to.

I know i'm putting new pick ups in, Bare Knuckle Aftermath set.

But I don't know if I need short leg or long leged pick ups.

Also I need to know where I can buy some good pots, I know I need 4 500k pots, and I'd like to find 2 push-push pots for coil tap. And I know nothing about caps, so I could use a suggestion for those.

Also it has the worse tuning stability in the world, the hard wear is all corroding and I hate gold hardware anyways. So I was thinking a tone pros bridge and a schaller fine tuner tail piece, depending on the price.

It has grover tuner, but I want to put spertzel lock tuners in it to help it, will the tuning peg holes be to big?

I'd also like to get new knobs and a new pic guard since the guy I got this from spray painted it and it looks bad so any ideas on cool places to get those to would be nice

Any advise on good sites to buy all this would be help full! I live in the US

thanks
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Last edited by Jaredmkl at Sep 18, 2011,
warmoth.com would probably be where I'd start. It's where I get all my hardware/parts from
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Any one know how the Gotoh T-O-M compares to the Tone Pros T-O-M?
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Email Tim, from Bare Knuckle. He'll give you all the info you need about the legs, and I believe even sells pot setups for Les Pauls.

The Gotoh is lighter and made to a more vintage Les Paul spec than the TonePros. The TP locking studs are a godsend, though from what I've heard.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Sep 18, 2011,