Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's just in E Minor. The whole thing.

This. It's just E minor. Yes, really.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
What? Where'd you even get A Aeolian from..?

It's just in E Minor. The whole thing.

sorry ment to type E aeolian. i was thinking of A because of the fifth fret and accidentally typed it.

i am still learning the more advanced stuff in theory.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Last edited by ThatDarnDavid at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
sorry ment to type E aeolian. i was thinking of A because of the fifth fret and accidentally typed it.

E minor still. Shares the same notes as aeolian, but is not modal.

One could argue that you can use the E aoelian scale over this progression, but that terminology is a bit redundant as the key is E minor.

Out of interest, why did you say major/aoelian rather than ionian/aoelian?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill .
Quote by mdc
Don't make a mountain out of a molehill .

As long as the differences are understood. A common expression that would go along with that is "don't consider things you don't understand" or with most of our newer users a yoda inspired "unlearn what you have learned".
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
As long as the differences are understood.

That's fair enough...

A common expression that would go along with that is "don't consider things you don't understand" or with most of our newer users a yoda inspired "unlearn what you have learned".

... but I certainly wasn't implying those two expressions. You know what the idiom means.
Quote by mdc
... but I certainly wasn't implying those two expressions. You know what the idiom means.

But I was
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
E minor still. Shares the same notes as aeolian, but is not modal.

One could argue that you can use the E aoelian scale over this progression, but that terminology is a bit redundant as the key is E minor.

i am still learning the more advanced stuff in theory.
It's not possible because the key is Em. It resolves on the Em, not G, so you use the Em scale.

@ThatDarnDavid

If you are still learning, why are you using modal terms? If you don't know what AlanHB is saying, you need to brush up on the basics.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
It's not possible because the key is Em. It resolves on the Em, not G, so you use the Em scale.

@ThatDarnDavid

If you are still learning, why are you using modal terms? If you don't know what AlanHB is saying, you need to brush up on the basics.

fake it till you make it??? haha jk. but i figure if i just make attempts, through my failure i will be corrected and learn.