Page 1 of 3
Title. As in a really good overachieving Melvin? Careless and lazy? etc.

God, I was so lazy in high school. I'm an alright student in college. Not amazing, but not bad. I'd say if you pick a random class of mine, I probably skip it maybe two days of the semester. More if it's an easy class at an annoying time. Grades are usually As or Bs in Music (my major) and Cs in core classes like Biology or Government. I don't study as much as I should.
I've never gotten below a B in a college course thus far and my study regiment involves showing up to class and cramming the day before an exam. I try to attend all my classes now that I'm in college and have to pay for them.

Back in high school I would skip school all the time to hang out with friends, drink, and/or smoke. I've never been a good student.
I'm the lazy stoner type, my attendance is fairly poor and I last minute pretty much everything. I still put the work in when I have to though and my grades are fairly good, although I'm sure I could achieve better if I studied more.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I'd say I'm a very lazy student. I'm in high school right now and I get mostly A's and a few B's in all my classes, but I am not a hard worker and don't study as much as I should. Being in a selective enrollment school, I guess I should be proud of this I just don't find my classes very challenging most of the time.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
I've always been good about studying and such. Not because I really want to, but just because I started doing that when I was young and just never stopped. Sometimes I wonder if maintaining my 4.0 is worth it, but most of my classes don't suck, and that's good enough.
Last edited by seavermmm at Sep 18, 2011,
I am a university senior who killed his GPA sophomore year when I slipped into a depression. Now I am graduating with a low GPA although everyone in my classes thinks I'm smart because of how well I preform in my labs. In fact I help classmates who are struggling all the time.

Basically I am a regretful student. My 2.5 should be at least a 3.0 GPA...luckily I am locked into a job already when I graduate...
Last edited by FireHawk at Sep 18, 2011,
A good one. All honors classes, politics club, etc...
Not exactly a frequent poster.
I'm in high school right now and I don't study at all. I only get necessary homework done but my average over both semesters last year was 90%. Does that make me a freak?
I could get B's in just about everything (bar art/PE0) but i just see no reason to. i know its stupid but i have no intention of getting some crazy academic job that means im working allways or some 9 - 5 job.
the kind of student that sits in the back of the room, draws pictures of Flapjack instead of taking notes, fantasizes about the professor or a classmate instead of studying, and doesn't hand papers in until weeks, even months, after they are do, and still gets B's.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
High School, Mostly A's, very rarely a B or lower. Not that hard a worker, it's homework that kills me. If it wasn't for that, you could see me as a 4.0+ student.
P.S. I love you for still keeping me in your sig Madcap
Quote by jetfuel495
I'm usually not paying attention anyway.
That sentence usually runs through my head right before I skip.
Quote by theogonia777
and doesn't hand papers in until weeks, even months, after they are do, and still gets B's.

For cereal? My school deducts a full letter grade for every day a paper is turned in late (including the weekend days). Also, it's "due".
Quote by Skullivan
High School, Mostly A's, very rarely a B or lower. Not that hard a worker, it's homework that kills me. If it wasn't for that, you could see me as a 4.0+ student.
P.S. I love you for still keeping me in your sig Madcap
My pleasure
I'm a mid-B+ student at McGill, which is a hard university. I work hard, i play hard. Hopefully i'll get into Law School (75% odds i'd say).
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at Sep 18, 2011,
Was lazy during school but GCSE are easy so I did well.
Was a dick at Sixth Form; lazy, didn't do work, skipped occasionally and didn't revise. Underachieved. Also happened to be the time (15-16) i discovered the wonders of alcohol...
When doing my bachelors I was crappy during my first year, way more partying than work. In the second two years I was better.
When doing my masters I was much better, still partied as much but the rest of my time was spent working.
Looking back it's all about balancing out the partying and the studying.
Quote by RU Experienced?
For cereal? My school deducts a full letter grade for every day a paper is turned in late (including the weekend days). Also, it's "due".

well, i'm special. i just say "hey, can i get an incomplete, i'm gonna need more time" and then i get to hand in the work whenever. and i know it's "due," my mind's just been in the toilet this past week, cause of my ****ing wisdom teeth. i can barely pay attention to what i'm typing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Modesty aside, I've been maintaining a 4.0 unweighted.

Though, I have a huge problem with procrastination (as is evident by this post...). >_>
Well, back to reading Electra.
Depends on what I'm studying and what sort of person my teachers are.

In highschool, back when I was a young'n, I was a terrible student for the most part. There were teachers that were very inspirational and exceptional at what they did, though, and these were the people who had my respect. I was punctual and polite for those classes.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by theogonia777
well, i'm special. i just say "hey, can i get an incomplete, i'm gonna need more time" and then i get to hand in the work whenever. and i know it's "due," my mind's just been in the toilet this past week, cause of my ****ing wisdom teeth. i can barely pay attention to what i'm typing.

You should share your vicodin prescription >.>

Also that's bullshit and I'm jealous of your special powers.

Quote by TEK34
Underachiever. I knew as much as anyone in almost all my classes, but got a bunch of Ds at A-Level.

Gee, you just couldn't get past the part where they assess what you know, huh?
ITT: Everyone strokes their e-penises over their "intelligence" level.
Quote by geanes
My favorite 'UGer.

Edit: Kensai, I'm taking that as you want to sleep with me. In which case, I'm flattered.
Quote by SixStringHero
ITT: Everyone strokes their e-penises over their "intelligence" level.

Are you looking at my e-penis, friend? Eyes back to your own urinal!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by RU Experienced?
You should share your vicodin prescription >.>

Also that's bullshit and I'm jealous of your special powers.

i haven't been to the doctor yet, so no pain meds.

and you shouldn't be jealous. being special isn't fun.
What gets me is online math homework for college. I would have the right answer, but type it into the program (which would take forever to do) and it would be in the wrong format. Sooo frustrating
i'm in high school, i'm the type of student that slacks off, does all his homework the period before it's due, crams for a test the 5 minutes a teacher gives you before the test, and still get's A's. all advanced classes, band, etc.
Everyday things change..

Basically they stay the same.
I have yet to start a lab report and 30+ algorithm proofs that are due tomorrow... I'll let you judge.

Although I understand pretty much everything rather intrinsically. I don't have to work very hard to get good grades, plus I don't really CARE about good grades (your boss won't pay you more for getting that A+ in physics), so my life is typically very stress-free unless there's a group project in which people are depending on my input, then I work my ass off.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Gee, you just couldn't get past the part where they assess what you know, huh?

Got As and Bs all along in coursework-style homework, unfortuately we had no coursework that counted to the grade and I've never been good at exams.

EDIT: I was in the clever people's maths group at GCSE too (about 5 or 6 of us from the top class)
Last edited by TEK34 at Sep 18, 2011,
2 majors, 1 minor, 8th semester, 3.8 cumulative GPA

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm taking the general Speech (Communications class) core class in college right now (I think it's my last core class).

For those who have taken it, is this a srs buziness class? Or a "**** that shit" class?
I just breeze by, do everything last minute, minimal effort and pull off decent grades. So many times I worked my ass off for certain assignments/essays or whatever and it never paid off or just barely lol So that's why I am the way I am haha
3.88 GPA in my fifth semester of college. Considering I'm majoring in electrical engineering and minoring in physics, I'm pretty happy with my results.
In high school, I literally did not do a goddamn thing. I was a "B" average student, and goddamn proud of that. While in high school I took classes at the community college, and that was also easy as shit. But then University came 'round... good Lord, last year (my first year) was quite literally the shittiest year of my academic career. I was so used to being a lazy fuck that it caught me by surprise. Now I actually have to study and do my work just to boost my GPA back to a non-horrific level.

Quote by The Madcap
I'm taking the general Speech (Communications class) core class in college right now (I think it's my last core class).

For those who have taken it, is this a srs buziness class? Or a "**** that shit" class?

Is it like a BCIS class? 'Cause I THINK I might've taken it. Like, just basically learning how to present speeches?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Sep 18, 2011,
I was the one usually drinking at the back of class, or gone missing for weeks and show up out of the blue, or fighting with guidance/teachers/principals. I've gotten kicked out so many times for going numerous things. My high school was a damn dump though, full of ego filled teachers and power tripping principals, not to mention poor as hell. I have no idea how I even graduated, but I did. So overall I was more of a reject nobody wanted anything to do with and brandished an outcast by other "groups." Wait that still never changed
Because, Boobs
Quote by The Madcap

I swear it's just a ploy for colleges to get money, I didn't take away 1 things from speech class when I took it.

It was basically a severely retarded version of English 101.
Page 1 of 3