OK so my Neck pup on my Jackson Kelly was phasing out due to a weak connection (wire was loose) so i re-soldered it. .
then when I plugged her back in no sound was coming out. . so i put new wires and resoldered the volume/tone pots and input jack

Now. . im getting a weak signal with alot extra feedback/noise with gain on. . it appears that everytime i touch the 3-way toggle the guitar comes to life. . could the heat from the soldering iron burn out the switch ?

I also lost the metal washer with ridges that goes inbetween the body and 3 way switch.. could this have anything to do with it. .?

help !
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
OK so my Neck pup on my Jackson Kelly was phasing out due to a weak connection (wire was loose) so i re-soldered it. .
then when I plugged her back in no sound was coming out. . so i put new wires and resoldered the volume/tone pots and input jack

Now. . im getting a weak signal with alot extra feedback/noise with gain on. . it appears that everytime i touch the 3-way toggle the guitar comes to life. . could the heat from the soldering iron burn out the switch ?

I also lost the metal washer with ridges that goes inbetween the body and 3 way switch.. could this have anything to do with it. .?

help !

Yes and yes.

Also, double check all your grounding.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
im guessing thats it(heat). . i learned how to solder on this guitar's parts. . and i was using a bad solder at the time and didnt know till i researched it. .

im just gonna get new pots and switch. . shes my baby and im not letting her suffer anymore
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity