I have one, and I've always worried. It has a white finish, and if I remember when they came out, weren't they silver? Is there any special things on these?
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
My fretless is a 60th anniversary. The only difference is a little pin on the back of the headstock that increases tone by 20%.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
^ O Tru
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
Lol, nope companies with "mojo" ( I hate that word) and history just love using the anniversary card to sell more. I don't know what you're worried about? It's a sales ploy, wouldn't really up the resale up I'd think to anyone but excited new players.
You'll find most companies do anniversary stuff, no matter how big they are. An anniversary is something to celebrate, Fender have been in business for 65 years, why shouldn't they be allowed to celebrate that with a few special runs? Years down the track a lot of those special editions will become collectables and they'll appreciate in value by the thousands, so really, they're doing the buyer a favor. I'd kill for a 50th anniversary Jazz.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Do you rag on people celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary too? 50 years is a long time to be married, you may have noticed not many marriages last that long, due to separation, death or whatever else. 50 years, or in this case 60 is a long time for a company to stick around too. The evenness of the numbers represent milestones, hence; silver anniversary, golden anniversary, diamond anniversary, etc, etc.

EDIT: The anniversary models with just the little badge on the back of the headstock, there was no price difference to a normal MIM standard, they just put the little badge there to say it was made in the year of the company's 60th year of business. Nothing wrong with that.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 19, 2011,