I put an Amp and 12" sub in my car.
Everything appears to work fine.
I turn it up, it shuts off.
I assume its not getting enough power.
The wire is 8 Gauge(Is that big enough?)
Its not the amp, Already replaced that, Its not my wiring, im 100% of that, and its not the Fuses on the amp or on the wire, i replaced the in line fuse holder as well.
Its not the battery, its 4 months old.
so
Could it be the alternator?
Or
Would buying a Capacitor Help to allow me to turn it up. or would a capacitor just help in general.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
a capacitor is what u need. it'll charge up to 12 to 13 volts and will keep ur system charged. unless u have a more bigger set up
Quote by demondown666
a capacitor is what u need. it'll charge up to 12 to 13 volts and will keep ur system charged. unless u have a more bigger set up

I think if its cutting out it will probably cut out anyway, just might take a few seconds longer. Capacitors rarely solve anything.
i got a bigger system and the same wire guage. guage really doesnt matter with car systems. its how much money ur wanting top waste in thinking that. and its the capacitor problem there. the symptoms are exactly that.
Quote by demondown666
i got a bigger system and the same wire guage. guage really doesnt matter with car systems. its how much money ur wanting top waste in thinking that. and its the capacitor problem there. the symptoms are exactly that.

Nah this is just about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. You put an 8 guage power wire in my car and it'll likely catch fire or burn a fuse.
Yeah 8 gauge is totally fine. What you're dealing with definitely seems to be about capacity.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Yeah 8 gauge is totally fine. What you're dealing with definitely seems to be about capacity.

It depends on what he's running. If he's got a 300 watt amp he's alright. If he's got a 1000 watt amp he needs 4. If he's got a much bigger amp he'll need something bigger.
Quote by captaincrunk
It depends on what he's running. If he's got a 300 watt amp he's alright. If he's got a 1000 watt amp he needs 4. If he's got a much bigger amp he'll need something bigger.

I have a 1200 watt amp wired with 8 gauge. No capacitor. With my stock battery, it died when I cranked it up. Once I added a high capacity battery, I had no more trouble.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
I have a 1200 watt amp wired with 8 gauge. No capacitor. With my stock battery, it died when I cranked it up. Once I added a high capacity battery, I had no more trouble.

High capacity battery =/= getting a capacitor. It = getting bigger batteries. I have a 950 CCA battery and a 250 amp alternator.

Also, that's probs 1200 max not RMS. RMS you're probably workin 450-600 watts. RMS is the number that matters generally.

EDIT: If you want to count max watts, I'm running about 3800 watts. No capacitor required.
Just bring a boombox in your van bro your shit will bump and grind like no other
Of all the the suggestions i like the boombox thing.
lol.
but Okay, So possibly bigger wire.
Not a problem.
Okay not need a new amp, i already said i replace that.
So a capacitor may help. or not. hmmmmm
Well. its worth a shot i suppose.
BTW.
its All pioneer.
gm5500t amp its 400 watts rms i do believe, so i dont think its like some kind of super power sucker...

Only reason i suggest alternator is because well... its about the oldest thing left under my hood...
Life Sucks. Get over it.
How many watts is the speaker? Your amp might have a thermal shutdown built in to protect the speaker so it doesn't blow. If you go beyond the capacity of the speaker the amp will shut down.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by fattyDQ
Just bring a boombox in your van bro your shit will bump and grind like no other

Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.