I fucking hate the kind of voice the singer's for Dinosaur Jr. and A Perfect Circle have. Bleh
Hey now J. Mascis is God.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Vocalists from The Smiths, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, Porcupine Tree. I love the music but something about those voices just bug me. Probably the fact that they don't have as much punch as I'd like. I like powerful voices like Devin Townsend's or strange, high voices like Cedric Bixler-Zavala's.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Weaponized
I fucking hate the kind of voice the singer's for Dinosaur Jr. and A Perfect Circle have. Bleh

Prepare to die.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Weaponized

Thou shalt not hate the voice of Maynard James Keenan.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Love: Freddy Mercury, Roger Baltrey when he starts screaming
Hate: Blow Job Armstrong
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Love: Anything but Sleeping With Sirens
Hate: Sleeping With Sirens
Why: The first time I heard James Dean from them I made the most sour looking face ever.
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by angusfan16
Prepare to die.

Quote by Zeropathic

I don't like death-y growl-y vocals. Like a lot of the early Opeth work. I listen to it for the instruments, hate me all you want.. But I love Mikael's cleans.

Also a lot of modern metal "screaming" stuff. Like Fear Factory, Suicide Silence, whatever.

But I love clean singing. Stuff like Dan's work on TesseracT's One, Periphery's debut, and Protest the Hero. No idea what you'd call it.

Quote by Zeropathic

I adore Tool, and can't stand anything from APC, or even Puscifier.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I adore Tool, and can't stand anything from APC, or even Puscifier.

Puscifier is complete shit.
Sail upon the open skies
Whatever fits the music. I can't stand vocals by pretty much any band (except maybe some ska or rap or some punk) that plays on Warped Tour.

As far as talking voices though, I like fast, articulate talkers for professors, but slow talking for friends.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I hate whiny punk singing.

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG BOY
MY FATHER
TOOK ME INTO THE CITAY
PM me for newts
A lot of Country voices, a good reason why I don't listen to it.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Love: Jeff Buckley. Even when he just talks its cool sounding.
Hate:Some voices that just sound sooo corny. Like the singer from Loverboy.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I we talking about vocals here, or just voices?

For vocals, I can't stand any of that whinny shit. Nowadays, it seems like I can only listen to a guy singer if he has some sort of facial hair -- scene kids won't cut it.

Peoples' voices usually don't annoy me unless they're on an extreme. One exception is the super soft, high, animechick-esque voice; a girl I know from school talks exactly like that and it's the cutest thing ever. I should probably stop talking right there, though, 'cause she's a freshman... >__<
Quote by StewieSwan
I hate whiny punk singing.

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG BOY
MY FATHER
TOOK ME INTO THE CITAY

I like some of MCR's songs, but I have to agree. The Black Parade's lyrics suck balls, at least for that part in your post.
I love singers with deep operatic tones and lots of vibrato, and unique-voiced crooner-type singers like Scott Walker and Jim Morrison.

I hate singers whose vocal tones just sound like a normal person's speaking voice. And whiny strained emo vocals, but everyone hates them.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by whalepudding
I love singers with deep operatic tones and lots of vibrato, and unique-voiced crooner-type singers like Scott Walker and Jim Morrison.

I hate singers whose vocal tones just sound like a normal person's speaking voice. And whiny strained emo vocals, but everyone hates them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snMOmHzgssk

What about that? >.>