Page 1 of 15
SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED. THE GAME IS OVER, MAFIA WON.
Enjoyed playing mafia, or just missed it? Join the group and an [url="http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ultimate_mafia/forum/69317/[/url"]an experienced, full-sized mafia game
We're still open for substitutes, so join and you might get a shot

For years the people of Pitville have been living in peace. They were a fragrant, but caring community. That was before they found out their town was haunted.
See, at night, you could sometimes still hear voices; saying "noooo"; "vote" and sometimes shouting "redFF". After they had hired a psychic to investigate this, they discovered that their town was haunted by the ghosts of its previous inhabitants. Their soul could not find peace because, after they had been killed by infiltrating mafioso, they could not succeed in clearing the town of mafia. Thus, they will never find rest if you don't find and kill the mafia.

What is mafia?
Mafia is an educated RPG. IF you join, you will be assigned a role - that is either town or mafia . If you are town, then your goal is to kill all the mafia, and if you are mafia your goal is to kill all town. The catch is, of course, that none of you knows who is mafia and who is town.

How do I play?
The mafia game consists of two phases; day and night. A day is 48 hours irl, and everyone is obliged to vote on who they think if mafia. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is "lynched", i.e. not allowed to play or talk anymore during the game. During the night mafia will be active and make their kill(s). At the beginning of the morning it will be revealed who has died. When you are dead, your role is also revealed.

How do I join?
It's very simple. By posting "/join" in this thread you will join. The game starts as soon as we've got enough players. When you've joined, I suggest you sticky this thread.

The Game
The days and nights will start at 19:00 GMT time (londontime) (7 pm). It requires a lot of activity, so if you're stoked for the following week, it might be better not to join.

The rules

This game will be coached, in that the ghosts of experienced mafia players will guide the poor newbies to their victory. If you want to be coach, please join by saying '/coach'

1. No cheating.
2. Play to win. Don't do stuff like telling who your mafia team is. It just ruins the game.
3. No using resources outside of the game for leverage.
4. No using resources outside of the game to discover player roles (this includes screenshots using google or using someones "online status on the site" to pressure them or any stupid shit like that)
5. 1 player and 1 account per game.
6. Mind your manners.
7. No spamming
8. Do not edit posts.
9. No taking Screenshots of any pms.
10. If you have died, the game is over for you. You cannot post anything anymore. If you post potentially game changing information, punishments will be severe.
11. You have to vote every day cycle.
12. PMing players regarding this game is not allowed.
13. If you are uncertain whether or not an action is allowed, do not hesitate from PMing me. As host, I will not be participating. Coagulation is the co-host.

If you break any of these rules, it will result in you being modkilled. This means that you are no longer allowed to play in this game. You will be 'dead' like mafia kills or lynchees.

The Roles
Town:
12x Vanilla Townie

Special town roles:
1x Veteran - you have two lives.
2x Medic - every night you can protect someone. This person cannot be killed during that night.
1x Detective - every night you can check someone. The outcome will tell whether or not they are mafia.

Mafia:
3x Mafia goon - you are mafia with 0.5 Kill Power (KP). Detective checks show as mafia.
1x Mafia godfather - you are mafia with 1 Kill Power. Detective checks show as town.
The total amount of KP of all mafia accounts for how many people they can kill that night.

Player list:
1-devourke
2-jthm_guitarist
3-andrew11x
4-Duffman123
5-soXlittleXtimeX
6-Calibos
7-rhino1957
8-stevosmusic1
9-NosralTserrof
10-FlashNinja
11- WTF!!is a TAB
12-Blackholesun00
13-strat07
14-fc89konkari
15-zgr0826
16-GoxGetterxGuy
17-stealstrings
18-LesPaulGuy514
19-mulefish
20-KnownUnknown

Substitutes (if the list is full, still join so you can substitute any inactives)

Coach list:
1-PeZ546
2-Burgery
3-Jackal58
4-snowman338
5-cornmancer
6-MAC2322
7-Tanglewoodguit

Links
Beginner's Mafia Guide
Mafia Terminology
Mafia Wiki
Last edited by vagelier at Oct 6, 2011,
This would normally be where I sign up, but given last time and my first run in with UraniYum, I think I'll pass.
/join

I hear this is super fun in real life

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by PeZ546
/join

I can coach if Neccessary.

I wrote you as coach, I'd like there to be only newbies playing.

Joinin' like a pro.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.

/join

Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Mmm dis sounds neat.

/join
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Meh ill join up
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by rhino1957
Meh ill join up

I'm pretty sure you've played before, in which case you can be a coach? Would you want that?
Not gonna sign up but to anyone thinking about doing it, you should it's a lot of fun and whatever you do, don't do a biggles >_>
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
well im not that good i just havent played in a long time so id prolly be with the newbies
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by isabiggles
Not gonna sign up but to anyone thinking about doing it, you should it's a lot of fun and whatever you do, don't do a biggles >_>

calm down. there are no vigs

Quote by rhino1957
well im not that good i just havent played in a long time so id prolly be with the newbies

fair enough. ill write you up.
/JOIN I wanna kill noobs!!!!!!!!!!

If I can't do that I'll coach the scummy little bastards and do my killing vicariously through them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
/JOIN I wanna kill noobs!!!!!!!!!!

If I can't do that I'll coach the scummy little bastards and do my killing vicariously through them.

Make sure you remind them never to join 'town' circles with scum. You know all about that don't ya?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Make sure you remind them never to join 'town' circles with scum. You know all about that don't ya?

Both ends. Yes killing Gunpowder is an excellent idea. Doooo itttttt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Both ends. Yes killing Gunpowder is an excellent idea. Doooo itttttt.

I hate you -_-
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
I was in 'nam, man... I've seen enough killing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
bumpity bump
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
/In
/co host
/coach

whatever you guys want.
You should probably make it open to everyone who wants to play in it for sake of activity and interest.
You should probably update thrusty.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
/join
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
/join

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like Tangle and chaos's 'tell everyone they're scum' game. The bastards.
/join

i got nothing else to do
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
/join

i got nothing else to do

And now you're going to die.
Quote by vagelier
I wrote you as coach burgz.

But I suck
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I had to stop playing mafia because I had dreams about it and it was all I thought about for weeks.

RedFF also pissed me off too much.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
I had to stop playing mafia because I had dreams about it and it was all I thought about for weeks.

RedFF also pissed me off too much.

I started killing my neighbors at night.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi