Just sold a valve amp and going to ship it by courier.

Obviously I'll pack it well, but just wondering if there's any point in removing the valves and packing them separately (eg wrapped up and taped to the inside of the cab).

Of course then the buyer would have to put them in themselves and there could be problems there (one of the valves goes microphonic in a certain position).
I'd pack anything fragile seperately. Better to be safe than sorry right? Stick on a bit of masking tape with a line on the tube and where it plugs in and write a note saying "line this up here to get best sound" or something along those lines. Contact the buyer first to see what they can deal with/ want and explain risks etc because then you won't get complained at if it does break.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
take care of the tubes. It's not uncommon for them to get busted in transit. Not only will you have to clean up glass, but it has a good chance of screwing up the sockets too. Be careful!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Just leave them in the amp, thats the way they are shipped from the factory, they wont fall out or get damaged that way.